No announcement yet.

Any swimmers in the crowd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats, that’s amazing! Have a 14 year old son really enjoying it and wanting to stick with it seriously for his future (for now, he is a teenager) but he is very self driven and enjoying hours in the water 6 days a week. We shall see where it goes. Congrats!

Comment

Impressive, very impressive!!!

Comment

Congrats, that’s a very big accomplishment and a tremendous amount of dedication and hard work. We worked out twice a day Monday-Friday and Saturday morning. I imagine she did the same.
        My brothers and I grew up swimming, my dad is a swim coach. My little brother was the fastest. He broke the state record in 200 free and got a scholarship to UT. I coached for several years while I was in college. I enjoyed it. I consider coaching again on my days off but have to many things I want to do and know you can’t be the best coach without full dedication. Maybe someday I’ll take over my pops club team.

Once again congratulations to her and hats off for continuing to swim in college.

Comment

Congrats!!! GO VOLS!!

Comment

Hahaha!

Originally posted by Bowdark View Post
            Cool. I was a TCAT back in the 80s. Tarrant County Aquatic Team. I was second state backstroke. Don't remember my times, I was 12 or so.
            That made me laugh hard!
            My son was a comp swimmer for 6/7 years.I know how hard they train.She's a killer.Congratulations to your niece!!

Comment

My bad,meant to quote the bow shot carp swimmer.

Comment

Congrats to her!

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                  I competed in AAU swimming year round in the early 80’s and my kids swam in HS. Swimsuit technology is insane. $300-$500 for suits that literally decrease times by unheard of numbers. There were so many world records being shattered that these suits were ruled illegal several years ago.

This performance is super human (video link below) ... Caleb Dressel winning the 50 yd freestyle by a body length with a time of 17.63 seconds

Caleb swam the 100 yd free in 39.96 seconds

https://youtu.be/N0LCjQ89G58

It is amazing seeing how fast people are swimming. 17.63 is insane.

Several years ago people were layering swim suits. If I remember right they would put on a ‘Blue 70’ for some buoyancy without much bulk, then put a ‘tech suit’ on over it to reduce drag.

Comment

Congrats to your niece. My daughter swims at The University of North Texas.

Comment

Any swimmers in the crowd

Had to bring this back up. She made cuts in 2 events this weekend and will be going to the Olympic trials next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congratulations to her!

Comment

Congrats to the young lady...................

unlike most of ya'll..... I never swam in a competition.........
                          But Iam SCUBA rated......open water.....

Comment

That's a great accomplishment sir! OTs are well run events. My Tri Club hosted the run course at the Irving OTrials for triathlon several years ago. It was pretty cool watching some world-class pros race. Hunter Kemper was there and qualified at the time (super nice feller). I had one member of my club who went to the OT swim trials while he was in college. I've seen several college swimmers become Pro triathletes after college. Which brings me to ask:

What is her core area of study at U-Tennessee?

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

Congratulations to your niece, and best of luck to her.

Comment

Working...
                                X