Adopted a Pup from a rescue today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adopted a Pup from a rescue today.

Little guy is underweight and heartworm positive but we will get him all fixed up.

Vet aged him at 2 years old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice looking pup!

Comment

My wife & I almost did the same thing .. Took over care for a Dod because the owner just couldn't. He was heartworm + but got through the treatment @ $2K

Comment

Great looking dog.

Comment

Congratulations. Best dogs I have owned came from a shelter.

Comment

Looks like Great Dane from the pic. By far they’re the best breed of dog I’ve ever owned. Gentle Giant is an accurate description. Best of luck with treatment.

Comment

Nice looking dog. Quite Regal looking. Great Dane?
              Good luck with it.

Comment

Good lookin dog!

Comment

good for you, adoption is always a good thing

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                    Nice looking dog. Quite Regal looking. Great Dane?
                    Good luck with it.

Yes he’s a Dane. It’s my 4th one and 3rd to adopt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Are heartworm treatments really $2k. When my dog tested positive for heart worm and hook worm after rescuing, it was only like $200 for medicine. I'd wonder if they are pushing for treatments to make more money and not just give medicine.

Comment

Good looking pup! A BIG thumbs up to you for taking him in & getting him healthy!!

Comment

Man thank you rescuing. We have two Dane rescues . One of them is a service dog . They are great dogs .

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Bear82 View Post
                              Are heartworm treatments really $2k. When my dog tested positive for heart worm and hook worm after rescuing, it was only like $200 for medicine. I'd wonder if they are pushing for treatments to make more money and not just give medicine.
                              I have my year and a half old lab currently getting his first treatment today and it's going to cost me about $1400 and he has to live in a kennel for the next 2 months. The dog was given his monthly medication religiously, but the vet said that it's possible he could have thrown up the medicine shortly after I gave it to him. Which is why they encourage people doing the shot form of the medicine that is good for a year, but it isn't offered when they are younger. It is super frustrating and if I didn't have so much time and money in this dog for hunting, I wouldn't have paid for the treatment and just given them the monthly treatment as usual and let it ride.

Comment

Working...
                              X