No announcement yet.

The US Mail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought an APR from a member here that was shipped to my FFL via USPS on 2/12. Tracking info hasn't updated since 2/17, starting to get worried.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      Same....Tuesday through Friday was a no go here. But hell I don't blame them. Those ragged out jeeps probably aren't real good in the ice we had. Add in people parking in the street and the liability possibility is probably not worth it.
      The lady that delivers ours won't get out of her vehicle to walk 10ft in good weather. We live on a cauldesac and if 1 car is parked out there, she won't deliver.

Comment

My fiancé is a Rural carrier , She drives/supply's and Maintains her own vehicle . Its not 4x4 so she cant deliver when the roads are covered in Ice an Snow during a Blizzard an she is Not gonna wreck her truck trying to do her Rout on roads That are Not Plowed or Maintained. That being said , No mail trucks / Big Rigs have brought any Mail for the carriers to Deliver since last Monday so she cant deliver what they don't have . But I do Agree that the USPS is Not Managed like it should be !

Comment

LMAO....I thought no one actually went to the mailbox anymore.....we don't get anything in our mail box except sales flyers and miscellaneous non-sense. All utility bills and anything important is auto debited directly with the various companies. But oddly enough our guy is pretty dang cool. Super friendly and been around most days.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
            LMAO....I thought no one actually went to the mailbox anymore.....we don't get anything in our mail box except sales flyers and miscellaneous non-sense. All utility bills and anything important is auto debited directly with the various companies. But oddly enough our guy is pretty dang cool. Super friendly and been around most days.
            This ^ ...LOL I Check my box about once every 2 weeks .

Comment

I check mine when the lady puts a note on my door saying please empty your mail box.

Comment

I heard they will call you on zoom and read your mail to you.

#covidinspiredlaziness

Comment

You can tell their quasi government status by how inept they are. If you 100% need something delivered you will always go with UPS, FedEX, etc.

Anything that the feds touch will be inefficient & a pain in the arse.

Comment

If there was a way to opt out of the mail I'd do it in a second. Its just a bunch of junk anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                      I actually sit down with my CHECKBOOK and pay bills every Sunday morning. I need my mail delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                        The lady that delivers ours won't get out of her vehicle to walk 10ft in good weather. We live on a cauldesac and if 1 car is parked out there, she won't deliver.

Yup and they stuff any small package they can in it if it means they don't have to get out. The wife got several soft sided textbooks sent to her for teaching remotely and they bent the living crap out of it. Wife is OCD about her teaching materials. Needless to say the little strawberry blonde was out on the front porch waiting for them the next day after the last one to give them the what for. Now all soft packages with something that looks like a book are walked to the door. Everything else is crammed in the box if it will fit.

Comment

I live in the city and these cats took the full week off. We saw them Saturday before the storm and they didn't show back up until Saturday. I had a package going to another TBHer scheduled for pickup each day of the week and they finally grabbed it on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
                            I don't know about you guys but my whole life I've heard that no matter rain nor sleet nor snow the mail gets delivered. Well I guess that's a lie. The MFer's aint delivered chit in 8 days.
                            I made the same remark to my wife a couple days ago. It sounded good though........

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
                              I don't know about you guys but my whole life I've heard that no matter rain nor sleet nor snow the mail gets delivered. Well I guess that's a lie. The MFer's aint delivered chit in 8 days.
                              Dam right! They're terrible. Somebody spills coffee at our local post office you can forget mail for a week. Blows my mind.

Comment

Everything is jacked up right now, not just the mail.

Comment

Working...
                                X