Anyone else stuck at work ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
    I was stuck offshore for 38 days but luckily was able to get off this morning. Been trying to get home since. Stuck in a traffic jam south Wharton now.

There is a 11 car pile up in El Campo and another wreak a little north of El campo

Comment

I'm out here now. Came in to cover for a guy but he showed up anyway. I'm going home in the morning but may not make it back out here tomorrow night.. If they aint paying me around the clock I aint staying.. They should have called in the ride out crew..

Comment

jt you work for tri county?

Comment

Been working OT all weekend. Was told when I came in tonight to be prepared to stay until Tuesday or Wednesday. Day shift that starts tomorrow came in at 8:00 tonight and will sleep on cots and be my relief in the morning.
          Everything still running in my plant until we lose feed, power, or valves quit working.
          Everyone out there stay safe.

Comment

My power plant pulled a full ride out crew. (smartly)
            I would normally be there at 2.5x pay through the duration, but am at home nursing a mild case of Rona instead.

I wish them the best, freezing transmitters at a plant can make for a looong night.
            Hopefully they get all the bugs worked out before the next sub 25* freeze coming Thursday night.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working from 6pm tonight until Wednesday 6am getting paid double time and getting it around the clock, weather still isn’t as bad here at the plant

Comment

Originally posted by Zjesse22 View Post
                Working from 6pm tonight until Wednesday 6am getting paid double time and getting it around the clock, weather still isn’t as bad here at the plant

You in point comfort too ?

Comment

Be safe Sir. Glad you don’t have to cross the causeway when you do head home.

I’m off on sick leave the next few days. Otherwise I’d be going in the morning.

Comment

Tonight’s my first night back, stuck here till at least Wednesday. They’re paying around the clock so I’m not complaining.

Comment

Originally posted by Redbone View Post
                      Tonight’s my first night back, stuck here till at least Wednesday. They’re paying around the clock so I’m not complaining.

I been her since Tuesday too . 3 days OT before my set started

Comment

Company offering for people to stay in cots up in Warehouse with freeze dried food provided and not getting pay around the clock to be at work. Only pay you when you are on your assigned shift.... Did the same thing during Harvey until people bailed out and went home. Then they changed their tune and decided to pay round the clock to keep people out here once everyone left. A lot did not make it back in.

You would think they would have learned their lesson from that fiasco. I am on nights and we all brought extra food planning on being stuck out here. However, if we are not getting paid we are headed home to our families. At that point, it will be hard for many of us to drive back in this evening to work. Better off keeping us here and having extras to help deal with the issues that will arise with this weather rather than being caught short handed.... We refine oil, we have the money to do the right thing like the rest of the plants on the ship channel are doing and guys on this thread are getting
                        Last edited by Beargrasstx; 02-15-2021, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                          You in point comfort too ?
                          Currently in Baytown I’ll be back in point comfort in April once I’m done here

Comment

Stay safe and warm guys. I'm lucky that the phones are quiet here in Harris County Homicide Unit (probably just jinxed us). Worried about my two sons working for Union Pacific and one that's a lineman with Centerpoint Energy. Hopefully all will be well in a few days.

Comment

Came in tonight for extra coverage and not sure if day crew will get here in the morning or not. They finally got us hotel rooms 16 miles from our site. I will drive an extra 10 and be home.
                              Always a BLANK Show out here.

Comment

I’m out here. I work on the ship channel. They have the guys coming in on days in the morning bunked up at the La Quinta on 225.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X