Austin restaurant recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Austin restaurant recommendations?

Wife and I are getting away to Austin (from Houston) this weekend (no kiddos!). Restaurant recommendations? Best Mexican food? Thanks, green screen!

Depends on where you're staying, but off the top of my head here's a mix across the town:

Terry Black's is top notch BBQ, Le Bleu is some great Vietnamese, Matt's El Rancho is a staple (great drinks, food is good), Evangeline Cafe has excellent Cajun, Dan's Hamburgers, Eureka! has a bone marrow burger that is out of control, and Home Slice has some pizza.

Comment

El Naranjo

Comment

Matt's El Rancho.
        Adios,
        Gary

Comment

Matt's is solid. Amaya's Taco Village is good. For mesquite grilled fajitas try Serrano"s on the south side. Nice bar area.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

All great recommendations above!

Comment

Bangers for brats and beer. Maxx's Wine Dive for fried chicken, yes, drink the champagne with it.

Comment

dont even know if its still there, but we used to go to a place called Darios. Great real mexican food, but they spoke very little English. I think it was on south 6th street or maybe 5th.

Comment

Matt's El Rancho for Mexican food, get the mexican martini

Salt Traders
                  Jeffrey's
                  Josephine House
                  Clarks
                  Perla's
                  Sienna
                  Red Ash

Comment

Thanks everyone!!!

Comment

Dai Due
                      I'm a fan of Kirby for breakfast

Comment

Lived in or near south Austin all my life and haven’t been to Matt’s in over a decade, maybe way longer. Interesting to see all the great reviews. Sounds like no need to check it out again.

I remember when he was still greeting people at the door. My parents dined at the original location.

Matt was a golden gloves boxer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The wife and I will be at Eddie V’s at the Arboretum around 7:45 this evening if anyone wants a scotch. Just look for the hot blonde next to redneck Bohemian and that’s us . We’ve gone a lot of places but this place is still does it for me. I’m not a Mexican food fanatic but I’ve always heard Matt’s is really good so we may hit that up soon. Reunion 19 is also a top joint if anyone is looking for something a little different.
                          Last edited by kck; 02-06-2021, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Another vote for Matt’s Fabulous El Rancho!

Comment

Valentina’s Tex Mex BBQ off W Slaughter. Not sure if they opened up their sit down part but the food is well worth the travel and wait.

Comment

Working...
                              X