Opinions on a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on a

19yr old carry a gun in public. I was at church tonight & notice one of the 19yr olds had a pistol in his waist band. What’s y’all thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well first of all it's illegal for anyone under the age of 21 to possess a handgun much less conceal carry one.

Comment

Originally posted by Black-N-Red View Post
      19yr old carry a gun in public. I was at church tonight & notice one of the 19yr olds had a pistol in his waist band. What’s y’all thoughts?

Was he at church or was he in the public?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HAWG DAWG View Post
        Well first of all it's illegal for anyone under the age of 21 to possess a handgun much less conceal carry one.

I was thinking that same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by HAWG DAWG View Post
          And you’d be absolutely wrong. You can’t purchase a handgun from a LICENSED DEALER until 21. You can posses or private party purchase a handgun at 18 in Texas.

Carrying gets much more convoluted. The general consensus is he can’t carry in public legally until 21, but there are exceptions. I don’t feel like typifying out that mess.

Comment

My thought is he’s exercising his 2nd amendment rights, I would not want to deny him or anyone else that right.

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
              Was he at church or was he in the public?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

He was at church.

Comment

And who gives a rats azz.
                Did the Constitution mention an age?
                We ship em off to die at the age no problem....
                Fixing to be a whole lot of illegal things, being done by a whole lot of us in the near future I'm afraid.

Comment

Well, I used a model 1911 45 cal at 19. Of course I was in the military. Like MadHatter says, "if he's old enough to be shipped off to die" at 18 then he should be allowed to carry a pistol if he wants too.

Comment

Were you able to tell if it was a pistol , bb, pellet or air soft? If he was not threatening anyone let him express his 2nd

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                      Fixing to be a whole lot of illegal things, being done by a whole lot of us in the near future I'm afraid.
                      but but but gotta be 21 for booze and cigs

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                        This

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                          And you’d be absolutely wrong. You can’t purchase a handgun from a LICENSED DEALER until 21. You can posses or private party purchase a handgun at 18 in Texas.

Carrying gets much more convoluted. The general consensus is he can’t carry in public legally until 21, but there are exceptions. I don’t feel like typifying out that mess.
                          I stand corrected.

Comment

I don’t even know what typifying is haha apparently I had two words going through me head at once lol

Comment

I dont think this is simple as most are playing it out to be.

should 18+ year olds be allowed to carry? probably.

Should he be concerned about someone who cant legally have a chl and is carrying in church? Also, absolutely.

Should 18 yr olds be able to buy alchohol, tobacco, and weed? absolutely.

at end of the day there is a grey area, but I would be worried about a 19 year old carrying in church in his waist band. it sounds like something he was showing off more so than expressing his second amendment right.

Comment

Working...
                              X