ADL to BDL question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ADL to BDL question

If get a you wanted to keep a nice ADL wood stock, can a gun smith convert it into BDL?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've read forums about this, and yes, some folks have cut out the void to accept the ADL magazine/bottom metal and added a trigger guard. I wouldn't feel comfortable doing it myself with an expensive stock, but I bet a good gunsmith could

Comment

Originally posted by Bobcat13 View Post
      I've read forums about this, and yes, some folks have cut out the void to accept the ADL magazine/bottom metal and added a trigger guard. I wouldn't feel comfortable doing it myself with an expensive stock, but I bet a good gunsmith could

Cool, thank you.

Comment

Unless it is sentimental for some reason, probably a lot more economical to just buy one.

Comment

Originally posted by swamprabbit59 View Post
          If get a you wanted to keep a nice ADL wood stock, can a gun smith convert it into BDL?

*If you wanted to keep a nice ADL wood stock, can a gunsmith convert it into BDL?*

Sorry original was messed up

Comment

Originally posted by Nova View Post
            Unless it is sentimental for some reason, probably a lot more economical to just buy one.
            I have a .270 ADL that was my first rifle purchase and my go to gun till this day. I bought it in 1977 after my high school graduation and will never replace the stock.

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
              I have a .270 ADL that was my first rifle purchase and my go to gun till this day. I bought it in 1977 after my high school graduation and will never replace the stock.

It’s the same gun, just not sure of year. It’s my dad’s, and was the only deer rifle his dad ever bought him so I wouldn’t replace it. Reason for the original question

Comment

Yes it can be done but as said before it will not be cheap to have it done well

Comment

i did mine,
                  just bought the mag and follower on ebay

Comment

Just buy a drop in for the ADL and put the original in your closet.
                    I have a BDL that I bought in 1985. I bought a drop in synthetic stock 20 years ago then camo'd it myself. I rebedded the 700 BDL stock to fit the 6mm 788 I also own....first rifle I ever owned. The original 788 Monte Carlo stock cracked because I modified it back when I was a teenager. Both rifles drive tacks.....

Comment

Working...
                    X