2020-2021 Hill Country Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=berettadave
    Got this one Saturday evening in Brady. Not the best picture. Not a bad deer for a heavily hunted area in the hill country.

Good looking buck. Like that webbing. Congratulations!!

Comment

Originally posted by TXhoghunter94 View Post
      He had a 13" g2 and 19" inside spread, scored 143"

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
      Congrats on another great buck. Is this the same one that you were thinking had been shot high by the neighbors? Were you able to figure out if he had been?

Comment

Yes sir he was, about an inch higher than my shot but they may have been shooting on the ground.

Comment

He scored 143" and some of his brow was broken off, my 3rd biggest deer, definitely exceeded my expectations!

Comment

Originally posted by TXhoghunter94 View Post
            He scored 143" and some of his brow was broken off, my 3rd biggest deer, definitely exceeded my expectations!

Great looking buck!

Comment

Well this thread absolutely died!! Anyone have any late season success?? I ended up killing 4 does and a buck, first time I’ve ever completely tagged out. We have a few more does we need to take out, so I’m hoping my parents can get that done.

Comment

My daughter and I went out the weekend before Christmas, but due to subsequent vacations and "stuff" I haven't been able to post up.

This year was my daughter's turn for a buck on our lease (Kerr County) and she was chasing a big 9 or one of a couple 10's we had seen recently. We started hunting early Friday, Dec 18 but it was slow going.
                We had pics of multiple bucks across the property some good, some small, but she really wanted the 9 point.

We never saw the 9, but the two 10's were always seen in areas where we weren't...

On Sunday morning (12/20) we were watching a couple young 8's duke it out with each other, when a slightly taller 8 walked out to the feeder. My daughter yelled out, "Hey, it's Broke Nose!"

We had a couple pics of this buck recently with a curved nose on him. Looked like he had been hit in the face by a truck!
                She thought he'd make a pretty interesting euro-mount, so she decided to cull him out of the herd. Her 25-06 dropped him on the spot.

His lower jaw was curved also, but nothing like his nose and he had a huge bump on top just below his eyes. We should have the mount back in about a week.

(Sorry the pics are so big)

Comment

We ended killing 2 good bucks on our place in San Saba. We have since sold it & have a contract on a place in western young county.

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
                    Well this thread absolutely died!! Anyone have any late season success?? I ended up killing 4 does and a buck, first time I’ve ever completely tagged out. We have a few more does we need to take out, so I’m hoping my parents can get that done.
                    Little Dude bagged one the week of Christmas off Colorado Bend. It was slow in the park.
                    Attached Files

Comment

^^ Awesome buck, congratulations!

Comment

We still have a lot if doe to take out. Hoping to get out this weekend to do some of that.

Comment

The snow on NYE was great!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                            We ended killing 2 good bucks on our place in San Saba. We have since sold it & have a contract on a place in western young county.
                            I’m glad you got it sold and have found a new place! Always exciting learning a new property!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                              Little Dude bagged one the week of Christmas off Colorado Bend. It was slow in the park.
                              I loved following along on Instagram! Great buck!! He’s been on a roll!

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
                                We still have a lot if doe to take out. Hoping to get out this weekend to do some of that.
                                We killed 9 last weekend. Hoping for another 3-4 at minimum.

Comment

Working...
                                X