Bee Removal Grayson/Fannin County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bee Removal Grayson/Fannin County

Anybody know of someone. Storms took down a large tree in my parent’s yard and the bees residing there aren’t happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Can't help ya on the bee issue. If the bees vacate, I can cut/remove that limb.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowthreat View Post
      Can't help ya on the bee issue. If the bees vacate, I can cut/remove that limb.
      Ok I'll let them know. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
        Ok I'll let them know. Thanks
        No problem. I'm right down the road from them. Just shoot me a PM if interested.

Comment

I wish I could take them but I'm not set up yet.

That and I'd have no idea how to catch them LOL

Comment

The is a buttload of honey in that tree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Where are you located? try to find someone to rescue the bees via Craigslist or Facebook. Most would be happy to take them .

Comment

Your county extension agent should have a list of local beekeepers.

Comment

Contact Collin country beekeepers Association they have members up there and can help you find someone who is willing to help you

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
                    Most would be happy to take them .
                    I'm in for the outcome on this one and like to know if you’re able to get someone to come out and get the bees for no charge. I’ve dealt with this 4 times in the last three years and I’ll say this, I’m not paying $600-1300 for someone to come out and “extract bees”. Sadly, I’ll just kill them and clean it up myself. I personally know 2 bee keepers and both have real jobs and it’s more of a hobby for them and they’ve referred many other guys to me but I’m not paying a dime to come take them.

Keep us posted please.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      I'm in for the outcome on this one and like to know if you’re able to get someone to come out and get the bees for no charge. I’ve dealt with this 4 times in the last three years and I’ll say this, I’m not paying $600-1300 for someone to come out and “extract bees”. Sadly, I’ll just kill them and clean it up myself. I personally know 2 bee keepers and both have real jobs and it’s more of a hobby for them and they’ve referred many other guys to me but I’m not paying a dime to come take them.

Keep us posted please.
                      Yeah, most of us charge for removals that require chainsaw work or several hours on a ladder. I don’t charge for simple removals, swarms or water meters.

Comment

Would be a shame to kill them, friend had someone come out with bee houses to move them for free, seemed to be in demand as guy said a lot of hives are dying out.

Some people will put bee hives on small acreage properties to get the ag exemption.
                        Last edited by bossbowman; 06-27-2019, 09:46 AM.

Comment

look up Texas State Bee Keepers and they have a list. Many will come by and work on donation. We had a priest from Burleson come out twice to remove them. Donated $250 to his cause.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            I hear what you are saying, but let me show you the other side of the coin. Do you work for free? How much do you think gas, ladder, bee vacuum, chainsaw, frames, hive boxes, bee suit, gloves, and most importantly TIME adds up to? I just started keeping bees, but people don't realize how much these things cost. Yes, the easiest thing is to spray and kill them, but call a few different beekeepers and choose the cheapest option, that is my advice.

Here is a hive that is in my neighborhood, and the first thing I did when I got there was thank the homeowner for not killing them. He didn't even know they were there, until his workers started cutting holes in the brick to install windows.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Are you still looking for someone?

Comment

Working...
                              X