McNutt Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McNutt Ranch

Has anyone ever been to the McNutt ranch going soon and would like to see how it is?

I went back in June, I believe. I was there on a doe meat hunt and had a really good time. Roberto was our guide and he defenitly knows the place, so listen to him and he will work his hardest to put you on animals. The blind I was bowhunting out of had animals there everyday, but they defenitly made it hard as the axis and fallow were pretty sceptical about just going right on into the feeder pens. You should have a blast as they had tons of animals and some good quality trophies as well.

Comment

I went back in June of 2006 for a discounted water buffalo hunt. Bert was the guide then too. He was an absolute blast. He knows the ranch well, and will bust his chops to get you on an animal. I ended up with the water buffalo and a simitar horned oryx. The whole write up was on here, but unfortunately got lost in the Great Crash of 2006.

Give them a call, Martin, the owner/manager is a great guy.

Comment

I can't seem to find a website for them - do they have one? I'd be interested in water buffalo!

Comment

Here ya go, Steve.

Comment

Thanks Kevin - I'm going to be making some calls soon. Now if I could just find a good taxidermist that knew how to do a water buffalo.

Comment

Yep, a good taxidermist is hard to find!

Comment

You said it! If I could just find a good taxidermist that knew how to handle texas exotic animals, why I'd probably send all my animals there. You wouldn't happen to know anybody like this would you?
                Last edited by stevesflyshop; 01-12-2007, 11:16 AM. Reason: spellin

Comment

I hate to bear bad news but Bert is no longer a guide on the Mcnutt. I was there along with HCH back in June. I have been planning a return hunt and have talked to him a few times. I will be a return customer, top notch ranch. Saw planty of game, had a great time, and best of all we all came back with something.

Comment

So, who's guiding out there now?
                    I emailed Martin, yesterday, about the Watusi that he has and he didn't mention anything about Bert not being there anymore.

Comment

Two great Taxidermists in Fredricksburg and Kerrville are: Terry Hartcraft (830-997-2829/456-2734) ; Neal Coldwell (830-634-7207/895-1030).

Good luck on your hunt.
                      Last edited by rossn2; 01-15-2007, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X