Chest pressure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chest pressure?

So I know I know,asking for health talk on a bowhunting forum. Some one the other day mentioned having chest pressure and actually being diagnosed with a coronary blockage. Did it feel like mild pressure or heavy pressure?

I had gone to the doc a couple months ago for heart palpitations, straining feeling on my chest, etc, but they said it was just anxiety and did ekg which was fine and blood came back fine.

So I flew out to Boston on Sunday and started getting a light pressure feeling on the right side of my chest, like where the sternum and diaphragm almost meet. I know it could be anxiety I guess, even though I dont feel like an anxious person, I have the burps like last time as well lol. I figure it can't be too bad if I've made it 4 days and it hasn't gotten worse,plus it's on right side. Almost just feels like a bruise on my sternum, but dont think that's it.
    Anyone have something similar before? Pretty healthy young guy but hear all the time lately that younger folks are having heart attacks out of the blue.

Goto a heart doc. Tell them you want full testing. Stress test, calcium score, blood work, and mri of heart walls, etc. I am 50 and consider myself in better athletic condition than 99% of 50 year old men. I went and glad I did. Needed to make adjustments to supplements and exercise now so I don’t have issues in 10 years. I also have peace of mind now and know my heart health

Comment

I will tell you my story.

Had some pressure on my chest while at the deer lease on a Friday. I was there alone. Just figured I had slept in my camper a little weird. Pressure continued thru the weekend. Heck, I walked 3 miles on Saturday without event. On Monday, at the office, I started to get a headache pretty bad. Took my BP and it was slightly elevated, but not too bad. Headache got worse, took BP again and it was 165/110. Told my people bye and went to ER. Walked in to ER said I thought I was having a heart attack. Took me straight in did BP check (it was about the same as I had taken) EKG was clear, normal rhythm. Placed me in a bed. Took several hours of different tests to finally decide I had some type of event. Transported me to a hospital that could perform angiogram. That is where they found blockage. None of my other clinical "signs" were off, but I had a heart attack anyway. I am all good now. Dr. says he cant even tell there was ever any sign of heart attack except for the stent he placed in my artery.

Wanted to add: The pressure I had was on my right side of my chest. That is why it never led me to believe it was my heart causing the problems.

Go get checked out, thoroughly.
      Last edited by JayB; 06-26-2019, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
        So I know I know,asking for health talk on a bowhunting forum. Some one the other day mentioned having chest pressure and actually being diagnosed with a coronary blockage. Did it feel like mild pressure or heavy pressure?

I had gone to the doc a couple months ago for heart palpitations, straining feeling on my chest, etc, but they said it was just anxiety and did ekg which was fine and blood came back fine.

So I flew out to Boston on Sunday and started getting a light pressure feeling on the right side of my chest, like where the sternum and diaphragm almost meet. I know it could be anxiety I guess, even though I dont feel like an anxious person, I have the burps like last time as well lol. I figure it can't be too bad if I've made it 4 days and it hasn't gotten worse,plus it's on right side. Almost just feels like a bruise on my sternum, but dont think that's it.
        Anyone have something similar before? Pretty healthy young guy but hear all the time lately that younger folks are having heart attacks out of the blue.

Wow- I literally just went to the ER last week for the same symptoms! I had just about every test done on me (except angiogram) and everything came back normal. They even tested for a blood clot as well. The doc said it is either related to digestion, anxiety/stress, or muscular.

I can only say I was under a lot of stress and anxiety at the time, as I was in the process of resigning from my teaching position. But once I finally made the choice to commit to my resignation, my anxiety went way down and I have not had a problem since! But... I have also suffered from acid reflux disease, and I started taking Omeprazole as well last week. So not sure if that also helped relieve my symptoms.

If it arises again, I will definitely request an angiogram. I had one done a few years back and all came back normal. Hope all goes well for you as well.

Comment

If you got ten people with the same artery blocked you could have ten different answers for how they presented. Some would say stabbing or crushing pain others may have no pain just palpitations. Others may say it is on the left or in their arm or neck while some may say it’s on the right. Point is while there are the “classic” signs of a heart attack/MI many people may never experience them and still be having a cardiac event. I have seen people that complained of upper epigastric pain (about where you are describing) for several days and when hooked up to an ekg showed nothing. Now when that same patient had blood work done their troponin levels showed them to be having a cardiac event. As far as age goes I have seen a seemingly healthy 18yo high school athlete have a full blown heart attack while watching tv. Bottom line is get checked out by a Dr if for nothing else at least your peace of mind.

Comment

Wife had the same exact symptoms last week with the same preliminary test results and then the pains turned to real bad....after 3 days in the hospital and more testing than a lab rat, they finally determined it was not her heart or blockages. Once she was cleared of all the heart stuff, they changed to a GI search and found a bad gall bladder. Middle of her chest/sternum and to the right is where the pressure pain was. 6 days later she got to come home after surgery and recovery.

Comment

anxiety can defiantly feel like a heart attack. Been to the ER many times for it and it was anxiety. Give me xanex and send me home. Do what the doc says, you can make anxiety worse by thinking about a heart attack. This thread has me feeling pressure now.

Comment

I'm thinking its anxiety, cause now I'm all jittery before getting on the plane back, and not really feeling pressure. Will definitely go see a doc when I get back though,just to rule it out.

I should add my trip here was a presentation to CEO and exec's so that plays to anxiety as well. Nor do I really like flying lol.

Comment

Well was gonna wait to see the doc but woke up from my after lunch nap with pressure and now spasming /fluttering feeling on left side. At ER had son stay home with wife, heart rate is 45 bpm, blood pressure good, ekg good. Just waiting on xrays and blood work to come back. The spasming flutter feeling hasn't gone away which is disconcerting. No burping so not as obvious GERD if it is.

Comment

Sleep apnea?

Comment

Hope they get you diagnosed correctly, fixed up and out the door soon Bud!

Comment

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
                        Well was gonna wait to see the doc but woke up from my after lunch nap with pressure and now spasming /fluttering feeling on left side. At ER had son stay home with wife, heart rate is 45 bpm, blood pressure good, ekg good. Just waiting on xrays and blood work to come back. The spasming flutter feeling hasn't gone away which is disconcerting. No burping so not as obvious GERD if it is.
                        HR45 is low, unless you're a wicked athlete. Is the rate & rhythm normal?

Comment

I would strongly suggest to go back to the Dr. for more follow-up tests. If it's gas, anxiety, etc, fine, but don't second guess anything to do with chest pains/pressure. Get a second opinion from a different Dr.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                            HR45 is low, unless you're a wicked athlete. Is the rate & rhythm normal?
                            Right I've always had lower hr but usually in the 50s or 60s. Might be the sensor, I've been watching it occasionally jump to 55ish. I do work out twice a day 5 days a week.

Blood work and xrays just came back saying I'm fine. Said I just have to wait an hour to check enzymes again to make sure all is well.

Comment

My crystal ball says get to the doctor.

Comment

Working...
                              X