Mosquito Misting Chemicals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AntlersBoy View Post
    permethrin, I spray yard, fruit orchard, kids playground, and camp area on river. no chiggers, ticks, or mosquitos for 45/60 days. I spray ground with boom and up into trees with wand. My wife and kids beg for me to hurry up and spray every summer
    As a beekeeper, I implore you to see if there are any local beekeepers near you and notify them before you spray so they can take proper precautions. There's nothing worse than losing thousands of dollars and countless man hours in colonies simply because a neighbor doesn't like getting skeeter bit.
    Last edited by JonBoy; 06-26-2019, 07:46 AM.

Comment

^^^ well said

Comment

Also if you have the room you could consider going chemical-less...throw up some Purple Martin or Bat houses. They're great for taking down the skeeter population

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Spraying is working just fine. I’d hate to wipe out anyone’s hard work but if you do not have a big enough piece of ground to centrally locate your hives away from boundary’s.... around here my “skeeter” spray is the least of their worries with all the spraying done to keep hayfields from getting taken over by whatever river bottom hybrid plant that’s trying to grow this year. My family has hives so I do understand the time and money involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bats yes, but my research says purple martins, while my favorite, don't actually eat many if any mosquitoes. Bats on the other hand are skeeter vacuums. I've had good luck with the wide flat cedar bat boxes. They wouldn't occupy the squarish one.

Comment

Working...
            X