LLC Formation Process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LLC Formation Process

My buddy and I need to form an LLC. We’ve looked at the different means of attaining LLC’s, both online or in person with both a lawyer and cpa.

Anyone have first hand experience with using websites like legalzoom to form an LLC? Not sure how I feel about it yet!

I have set up multiple LLC's. Never used a third party website, just set it up with the Texas Secretary of the State (SOS). Super easy. Don't overthink it. Simple process and a no-brainer...

Comment

I used legalzoom a few years back. no issues here.

Comment

It's not too complicated Matt...I didn't tackle it myself however. My BIL has in house attny's that did all the leg work.

My FFL was a basic DBA / sole proprietorship & was time to mitigate risk. I definitely recommend going the LLC route.

Comment

Thanks guys. I’ll see if I’m able to knock it out myself via the SOS!

Comment

Originally posted by BertramBass View Post
            I have set up multiple LLC's. Never used a third party website, just set it up with the Texas Secretary of the State (SOS). Super easy. Don't overthink it. Simple process and a no-brainer...
            This^

Confirm the company name is available beforehand and its pretty straightforward from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_g View Post
              Thanks guys. I’ll see if I’m able to knock it out myself via the SOS!
              Hopefully you and your good buddy have an exit strategy for when things go south.

Comment

Originally posted by BertramBass View Post
                yes! Very easy

I have setup 2

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
                  Hopefully you and your good buddy have an exit strategy for when things go south.
                  This!

Maybe talk to your CPA first.

But write in a exit strategy you both agree on..Now while your still good friends. Think ahead BEFORE you get in too deep.

Comment

Took a look at the sos site. Definitely an easy process!

We’re definitely going to write up an exit strategy as the relationship may change.

I just want to go over what will happen in case of sale, death etc.

Thanks everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_g View Post
                      Took a look at the sos site. Definitely an easy process!

We’re definitely going to write up an exit strategy as the relationship may change.

I just want to go over what will happen in case of sale, death etc.

Thanks everyone
                      Don't forget if one wants out! Agree on how that works in writing now. You don't want him to sell his half to a bum LOL

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                        Don't forget if one wants out! Agree on how that works in writing now. You don't want him to sell his half to a bum LOL
                        Lol no doubt! Thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X