• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by iammargarette View Post
      Haven't heard about beer bread before, I will give this recipe a try.
      Try it! Two of my favorite things (beer and bread) combined into one. Yummm!

Comment

Originally posted by iammargarette View Post
        Haven't heard about beer bread before, I will give this recipe a try.
        Beer bread is awesome.

The other night I made some, placed two slices smothered in gravy on a plate, then topped it with rice, fried quail and more gravy. It didn't suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
          Beer bread is awesome.

The other night I made some, placed two slices smothered in gravy on a plate, then topped it with rice, fried quail and more gravy. It didn't suck.
          ****, that sounds good! Did you use wild rice? Love me some wild rice with gravy and teal!

Comment

Originally posted by Dakota7493 View Post
            ****, that sounds good! Did you use wild rice? Love me some wild rice with gravy and teal!

Just regular long grain white since it’s all I had on hand, but man was it delicious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks!!

Comment

Here is mine.
                3 cups self rising flour.
                3 Tablespoons sugar
                2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
                1/2 cup sliced or diced pickled jalepenos drained.
                12oz beer
                2-3 tablespoons melted butter
                Preheat oven to 375
                use cooking spray to coat a bread pan

Mix flour, sugar, cheese, and japs until mixed well. Add beer and stir to well blended. Dough will be thick. Place in bread pan and smooth. Bake for 45 minutes. Take out of the oven and pour 2-3 tablespoons of melted butter over the top completely coating the top. Return to oven and bake another 15 minutes. Remove and let cool 10 minutes.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  JP

Comment

I'm going to try this.

Comment

I’m trying tomorrow. Thanks.

Comment

Will be making some of this on Saturday with some Shiner.

Comment

An old recipe always looks good and is a must-try.

Comment

I made this bread tonight. It turned out very nicely. I used a bottle of Shiner. I had some left over Blue & Gold sausage that I had smoked last night. I sliced a few pieces of it and browned it up a little in the cast iron. I also had some really good smokehouse cheddar that I topped one with.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
                              I made this bread tonight. It turned out very nicely. I used a bottle of Shiner. I had some left over Blue & Gold sausage that I had smoked last night. I sliced a few pieces of it and browned it up a little in the cast iron. I also had some really good smokehouse cheddar that I topped one with.
                              You just gave me an Idea and I have no idea how I've never thought of this. Fried spam sandwich on beer bread is what I will be eating tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                                You just gave me an Idea and I have no idea how I've never thought of this. Fried spam sandwich on beer bread is what I will be eating tonight.
                                The little sausage sandwich I made was very good.
                                I made this bread a couple more times. I found that I was “mixing” the dough too much initially. It turned out much better when i “folded” the dough together rather than mixing it. Also, I added a very small amount of real maple syrup and a pinch of dark brown sugar. I’ll be giving this out during the holidays to friends and family.

Comment

Working...
                                X