Winter vacation with kids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winter vacation with kids

My daughter who is about to be 5 has been asking to go somewhere with snow this winter.
    Looking for recommendations on a vacation spot with snow within reasonable driving distance from central Texas. Looking to spend a few days to a week and will be focused around things for kids. 1 & 5 year old.
    What do y’all got?

Red River NM

Comment

Durango, Colorado or Ruidoso, New Mexico

Comment

Riodoso. Took my 3 yr old boys last year and they loved it. We went to the snow tubing and had a blast.

Comment

Red River is good for young kids!

Comment

Durango or Red River for me. I’m not really a fan of Ruidoso even though I’ve been there more than my share.

Comment

Are y’all staying at ski resorts at these places or finding and renting cabins?

Comment

Went to Purgatory last December with my two kids, 6 and 3. They had a blast tubing and going to ski school....

Comment

Ruidoso is your closest option. We have a place there. It’s fine. Telluride, Beaver Creek, Breckinridge or Vail are the top choices within driving distance if we are going for a week. It’s definitely worth the extra miles if you are going to be there longer than a weekend/long weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by TradHunter View Post
                    Riodoso. Took my 3 yr old boys last year and they loved it. We went to the snow tubing and had a blast.
                    Did this when my daughter was 5. Not a very big park but hours of fun. They make snow there too

Comment

Looks like Ruidoso and red river are the favorites here.
                      Y’all got any suggestions on places to stay?

Comment

Originally posted by Iehooligan11b View Post
                        Looks like Ruidoso and red river are the favorites here.
                        Y’all got any suggestions on places to stay?
                        Ruidoso hotels are pretty much junk unless you want to stay at the Inn. Just jump on VRBO. There are more cabins than you can count for rent. I’d stay away from the East end of town. Nothing east of downtown (where the shops are). From there, on up Mechum all the way to Alto is fine.

Comment

McCall and New Meadow, Idaho. It is some of the prettiest God's country that I have ever seen. And there is tons of stuff to do with kids. It also has a petty cool adult atmosphere too for the wife.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
                            McCall and New Meadow, Idaho. It is some of the prettiest God's country that I have ever seen. And there is tons of stuff to do with kids. It also has a petty cool adult atmosphere too for the wife.

It’s also a 28hr Drive.[emoji6][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hard to beat Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park... Nice place for the grown ups too! Our kids loved it when they were little. This was especially true for us because we aren't really skiers, but love the outdoors. You can go in May/June and the higher into the park you get, the more snow you'll have... We went in July a couple years and still snow there then, but not too much. May, the passes may still be closed from time to time... Aspen Lodge is a great place to stay for the kids. Lots of activities from boating, horesbacking, Chuck Wagon trips into the mountains... plus Aspen Lodge is the largest log structure in North America... (well it was back in the early 2000's when we were going...). There's also a great YMCA where you can stay CHEAP if you're a member too... It's right across the highway from great fishing and such...

Comment

Working...
                              X