Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S&W M&P 15-22, accuracy or just a plinker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S&W M&P 15-22, accuracy or just a plinker?

I'm curious what kind of accuracy people are getting at 50 yards from the 15-22?
    Is it just a fun plinker gun, or can it approach 1" groups reliably at 50 yards?

I just put some rounds thru one, and the groups with cheap bulk ammo were 1 1/2"-2" at 50 yards. Curious to run some quality ammo thru the gun, just to see what it is capable of.

The inertia driven firing pin sure doesn't give a solid dent to the rim, so most of my group today was vertical.

Had one a while back and best I could get was a 2” group

Comment

Mine is a Tack Driver

Comment

My sons will shoots 2" groups on a good day with CCI stingers and 4-5" with cheap stuff at 50yrds. Lot of fun but a older 10/22 we have shoots lights out with most anything you feed it.

Comment

It sounds like it's hit or miss on the potential accuracy.

Comment

I bought my son the H&K 416 its a Tack driver . I prefer the Build quality on it ..
            Its Really solid.. It will cycle anything we've tried. It's definitely worth a look,
            Side By Side There's no Comparison.. I was looking at the M&P when i discovered this at Cabela's..
            Last edited by BigOh!; 06-25-2020, 04:05 PM.

Comment

I just ordered one of the M&P 15-22 "packages" that comes with their pre-installed 4x32 scope. It's replacing a ruger 10/22 that had a cheap simmons on it. Anyone see this particular scope or know who makes it? I'm sure it's cheap China but still would like to know something about it.

Comment

Working...
              X