No announcement yet.

McMullen County Hunters Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hunt just east of Tilden and we have been getting decent rain so things looks pretty good for summer time. I have some nice bucks on my trail cameras and lots of hogs that need to be dealt with soon. Looking forward to a good hunting season.

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
      Not necessarily true, but not necessarily false.
      I agree. The buck I killed last season scored 176 and was 7 to 8 years old. Pen hog from years 2 to 5. Then disappeared. One picture in August of year six then nothing. I was really bummed out. Assumed he died. The next season nothing at all. Last year Early October boom back on camera same pen like nothing ever happened. Crazy.
      Once the rut starts it is amazing how far and wide these bucks will travel. I am on 12,000 acres and have seen bucks at one stand one day and couple days later hes six miles from that spot at another stand, tongue hanging out slobbering all over themselves, cuts, bruises, limps, broken tines, doing whatever it takes to get that P.
      God I do love it so.

Comment

Originally posted by PassnItOn View Post
        We started using panels a few years back, they are great. You can see them in this pic. We do cut the top pipe off the middle section on one or two panels in each pen for easier entry/exit and they use them.
        These are what I was making reference to.

Comment

Nice and cool yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The heat has this thread too quiet...

So I'll throw something up here. My wife is still on the fence about the place we bought down here. She preferred the hill country and isn't a fan of rattlesnakes, scorpions and gnats (although she knows they are in the hills as well). Anyway, she is warming up to it a bit, check out this little dude she found walking the other day. I've never seen a baby horny toad.
            Attached Files

Comment

Very cool

Comment

wholly crap, I didnt see that baby horny toad until after I read the post. At First I thought somebody was pointing at a buried arrow head. Great camo

Comment

Finally got a good picture of my probable target for this year. 7 yr old buck I call “Patches”. His double throat patch has always made him identifiable over the years. He looks to be as good this year as ever. He has always been a very nice buck.

Last edited by TildenHunter; 07-15-2020, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                    Finally got a good picture of my probable target for this year. 7 yr old buck I call “Patches”. His double drop throat patch has always made him identifiable over the years. He looks to be as good this year as ever. He has always been a very nice buck.

Hot D***!

Comment

Finally got a good picture of my probable target for this year. 7 yr old buck I call “Patches”. His double drop throat patch has always made him identifiable over the years. He looks to be as good this year as ever. He has always been a very nice buck.

Great looking buck Hunter.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by PassnItOn View Post
                        So, new down south and have been told to not get too hung up on the "feeder bucks" I have on camera. The rut is when the big boys show. I know there is truth to the rut thing everywhere but these guys tell me it is in effect big time down here. More of low fence question I guess but just curious on your thoughts.
                        I'm new to it also this year and have heard the same. Looking forward to seeing what the season holds.

Comment

He!! of a nice buck. Hope you get him.

Comment

Finally got a good picture of my probable target for this year. 7 yr old buck I call “Patches”. His double throat patch has always made him identifiable over the years. He looks to be as good this year as ever. He has always been a very nice buck.

WOW, what a buck. Good luck on your pursuit of him. Looking forward to the LDPs this fall.

Comment

Great looking buck! I was at the ranch last weekend and it was really dry down there. Hope we get some rain soon in the Tilden area. Wear those snake boots. We saw 3 good size rattlers last weekend just riding around the property.

Comment

Great Buck TH. Is that HF or LF? Either way Id be proud of that one. Good luck

Comment

Working...
                                X