No announcement yet.

TBH Bee Keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

while waiting on our bees to finish capping honey, we are still getting bee calls
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0259.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	115.7 KB
ID:	24621651

Comment

Us too! Just removed a beehive today, it was basically dead, no queen, eggs or bee larvae. Infested with Moth maggots and Hive beetles, didn't keep any honey.

Comment

I'm looking at turning 6 acres of my homestead into ag exempt with bee keeping. So, I need to either find someone that wants to come set up 6 hives on my land (outside of Rockwall) that wants to manage them and produce honey for themselves or I need to learn how to manage 6 hives myself.

Comment

Great thread! My boys got a little bee lesson today and now want to go to bee school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
            I'm looking at turning 6 acres of my homestead into ag exempt with bee keeping. So, I need to either find someone that wants to come set up 6 hives on my land (outside of Rockwall) that wants to manage them and produce honey for themselves or I need to learn how to manage 6 hives myself.
            Oh, my. What an opportunity for someone. I would love to do that, but distance is an issue.

Comment

Did a couple of removals this week. First one was from an old deer feeder.

Second and third
              ones were the same house about 4 feet apart.

Slow year for honey production but I’m still getting lots of calls for removals which is helping make up for it.

Comment

Saved a hive yesterday, pretty big one, lots of bees and lots of honey. But son was it messy. Worked it by myself, son is on double shift, it kicked my tail. Not many pics of this one. Saved the Queen, now all I have to do is find a place to put the hive.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                  My son and I started keeping bees. Its my first year his 2nd. I can tell you some of what we learned. I have 3 hives, 2 are fine, one absconded.

Ants-I mixed veg oil and cinnamon, poured it on the ground around the hive, no more ants.
                  Beetles- keep the hive in full sun. Keeps beetles numbers low, bees will kill or push beetles out. There are also medication/fogs that some keepers use.
                  Wax Moths-Medicating/Fog
                  Feed the bees during the Fall-Winter sugar water, if there are not any late blooming flowers. I am presently setting up my yard with late Summer, Fall, Winter blooming flowers for bees.

Im green as a gourd in beekeeping, but we have recovered about 10-12 in late Summer. Kept lots of honey. Saved millions of bees. It has been worth it. Keep at it.

Hey Bud, here are the pics I promised to post for you!! Still trying to post the video..

Comment

Thanx man, I appreciate it.

That's a few pics of the FlowHive in action. Very simple, non invasive to the Bees, very little mess, no dead or stressed bees, you can take as little or as much as you want, not labor intensive. We were not stung by any bees nor were they aggressive.

The first pic is after the honey had been extracted and bees were removing the caps. The next day, they were putting nectar back into the cells. Its a pretty amazing invention, does everything they claim it does.

Comment

very interesting!

Comment

I wish I could load the videos!

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post

PM me if you’d like for me to get you in touch with my beekeeper. He lives in Canton and is president of the North East TX Bee Assoc. He recently told me he’s not able to take on any more properties because his business has grown so much that he’s already managing too many hives.
                          That said, I bet he could put you in contact with someone that would be willing to help you out.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                            PM me if you’d like for me to get you in touch with my beekeeper. He lives in Canton and is president of the North East TX Bee Assoc. He recently told me he’s not able to take on any more properties because his business has grown so much that he’s already managing too many hives.
                            That said, I bet he could put you in contact with someone that would be willing to help you out.
                            PM sent.

Comment

Originally posted by haas0311 View Post
                              Hey Bud, here are the pics I promised to post for you!! Still trying to post the video..

I like they way those flow hives look. Have been wondering how they hold up.

Comment

Pulled 48 lbs off of my first hive. Going to leave the rest for the bees.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X