Texas Wildlife Assocation Virtual Convention & Auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas Wildlife Assocation Virtual Convention & Auction

Hey everyone, the Texas Wildlife Association's Virtual Convention and Auction begins today and runs thru Saturday, July 11. Normally held in early July at the JW Marriott in San Antonio, this year we've gone to an online "virtual" convention format that will make our seminars and auctions more easily available to all. The website is www.wildlife2020.com.

Founded in 1985, TWA celebrates our 35th anniversary this year. TWA has grown into one of the premier conservation organizations in Texas, and our mission includes natural resource education for youth and adults, promotion & preservation of our hunting heritage, and advocacy for property rights and policies that benefit and steward wild animals and wild places. Prominent programs run by TWA include the Texas Youth Hunting Program (TYHP) and the Texas Big Game Awards Program. I have worked for TWA on the professional staff of TYHP for exactly 5 years this week.

Even though we can't convene in person this year like we normally do, we have a great virtual convention set up with a variety of educational seminars and an online auction. The auction is of course a main fundraiser for TWA, and includes everthing from hunts to travel packages to all sorts of hunting, ranch and other outdoor gear. We even have a tag for a Desert Bighorn Sheep in the auction this year! Please consider supporting the future of wild animals and wild places in Texas by participating in our auction or making a donation at www.wildlife2020.com.

Thanks!

Bob Barnette
    TYHP Field Operations Coordinator - North Texas
    Attached Files

I go to the banquet each year, I've bought several hunts over the years at the grand auction. I really wish we could all be there this year, I'm curious how the online format works out. Thanks for posting

Comment

Wednesday bump.

RGB, any status on the Youth hunts?

Comment

There is a texas big horn sheep up for auction, if anybody is looking for that.

That hunt is always fun to watch during the live auction, I've seen it sold for $150,000 and the following year it sold for $75,000. This year that hunt plus the king ranch trophy deer hunt would have been fun to watch and be a part of in person.

I still remember the 1 day quail hunt that sold for $110,000

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
          Wednesday bump.

RGB, any status on the Youth hunts?
          At TYHP we are planning to have hunts this fall to the extent possible, and are working on developing health/safety protocols. Of course there is some uncertainty but we are optimistic!

Comment

bump for final day of the auction!

Comment

The Bighorn tag ended up going for $125,000.

Comment

Working...
              X