No announcement yet.

Sticker Siting/GW Stop all in one!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steven, I'm not laughing at your story anymore.

This really has me split too, It is just hard for me to believe the story played out like it did. When you were telling me the story, I was shocked that it ended with you getting 2 tickets...

I hate for Law Enforcement Officers to get a bad wrap, but this was pretty ridiculous. And yes, I am going to stick with ridiculous, I know they were doing their job, and blah blah about the character of the person, doesn't matter. What about the character of the GW??! Kinda BS they took that route.... they brought on the bad wrap themselves.

I have respect for ALL law enforcement officers (even the idiot that pulled me over on SUNDAY for TEXTING in a SCHOOL ZONE... ugh, don't get me started)

But, in short, it sucks. They threw the book at you, and hit you right in the face.

I never knew about the processing law; unfortunately I do now.

Sorry Bud. I'll buy you a beer/case of Vodka soon/6 lunch shots in Mexico soon.

Comment

i cant figure out what law has been broken... i mean are you not allowed to "condence" the ribs and backbone in order for it to fit in an ice chest.. there has got to be a little COMMON SENCE here.. if i bone out the back bone and ribs before taking it home does that mean i broke the law? or do i not get it?

Comment

Man Steve, this sucks! I'd be leary of shooting another deer wondering if i would miss something, not fill out a piece of paper properly, misspell a word to change meaning on permission slip, etc. if i were you. What started out as a decent traffic stop turned into a PR nightmare on this website. GW have more power than just about any other LEO in the state, and they don't play around. Good luck with your hearing

Comment

God bless Game Wardens for the work they do I am glad I wasnt there..yall would have had to wire my jaw shut to keep me from mouthing off, but I also agree waving a camera at them is probably not something to do. I think we all need to start a "Pay Legdogs ticket for him" and send 1 dollar each to Mary and then make T Shirts and caps and just take it as a lesson learned. I didnt know about a logbook thing either. I understand Agdog is an outlaw too. Welcome to the jungle Guys!

Comment

Hate to hear it.

I thought I wanted to be a GW for many years. But... I'd probably wouldn't write enough tickets.

I think you are right on the money with the way you'll probably handle these situations in the future. Keeping deer parts out of sight and keeping my mouth shut is how I will handle any run ins with a LEO after reading this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
              So the trooper "bent" the law by giving Michael a warning for no plate on his trailer? Do you also feel the trooper acted improperly in doing so?

I hope you have a great day as well. I'm trying!
              Maybe he did, but it is strictly his interpretation. Did he act improperly? That is for his superior to decide. Not me.

The fact is that according to the "story" 3 laws were broken. 1 pertaining to the traffic/motor vehicle laws involving one individual and 2 pertaining to game laws involving another individual. Each dealing with different types of law enforcement. One branch of enforcement chose to deal with it one way and the other branch chose to deal with it in another. Was one right and the other wrong? No way!!! But some think they are. Sorry, If you don't like the results don't break the law and then there is no question.

Originally posted by Stupid View Post
              Why all the hype? Law was broken, got a ticket , pay the fine, suck it up, move on!!!!! There's more hunting to be done. Sure they could have handled it differenty but let's don't forget yall decided to make it a cinamark moment so that is what you got --- plenty of pics!!!!!
              Sometimes it's best to leave the camera in it's case.

Originally posted by Devin View Post
              Instead of taking this opportunity to point out the mistake Steven made while bolstering support for their duties with more guys on "their side" and more eyes in the field to help with their efforts, they chose the "letter of the law" and probably lost two... and with this thread many more.
              Guess I'm in the minority because I'm still on "Their side".

Comment

Regarding the "$500" fine. Y'all need to realize that most class c offenses in TX are punishable by a fine of $25-$500; including traffic, game, penal, and all other violations. 500 is the max. Most JPs are not going to assess a $500 fine. You're probably looking at approx. $150. Realize that this can change from precinct to precinct in the same county.

Comment

This reminds my of my brothers mishap a few years ago. He shot a turkey at his lease, loaded it up and took it to the cabin(which is on the lease, that sits several miles from any main road/highway). While he's sitting by the fire drinking some coffee and waiting for his father in-law, the GW drives up. does the small talk with my brother for awhile, then asks about his turkey. After he gets the story of how the hunt went and what not the GW pulls out his ticket book, and writes my brother 2 tickets. First one for not tagging the animal, and the second for not filling out the backside of the license. My brother told the GW he had no intention of not tagging the animal, or trying to sneak it out of the lease. He even filled out the tag, the license, and tagged the bird while the GW was standing there.Whenhe talked to the Judge, the judge still made him pay the fine, but told him to just make the monthly payment. My brother sent I think $5 a month till the ticket was payed. The judge said doesn't matter how much you pay each month, just don't miss a payment. Might be the to do it Leggy!

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
                    I think we all need to start a "Pay Legdogs ticket for him" and send 1 dollar each to Mary and then make T Shirts and caps and just take it as a lesson learned.

I'm in and will PM Mary...We certainly need a clever t-shirt & cap design for this one!! Got you covered Steven!!

GW amigo called me just now and I gave this tbh scenario. He said he personally would not have issued citations under the circumstances as I explained them w/ the tagged head and pleasant demeanor.

We both agreed the final destination and having to be in quarters is not very hunter friendly.....especially for those who hunt far from home and do not get go that often. Can you imagine if you have tagged out on does?? Would need a 2nd trailer for ice chests.

Comment

Originally posted by aironeout View Post
                      Sorry to hear about ya'lls misfortunes but laws are laws and we pay to have them enforced. I would think that a couple of "gentlemen" who are such sticklers for rules on the website would understand this, and we are only talking about "rules" not laws. If you are not going to play by the laws then be prepared to pay the piper. Sorry again but it does sound a bit hypocritical.

>E
                      I would totally agree.First the filling out of the back of the license has been in effect for quite some time,so if you didn't do it then pay the fine and move along.If the trooper that wrote the warning ticket was so cool then why did he call the game wardens? He apparently thought something was going on.Anyone can stand out and shoot the bull and be cool and they have seen it all and may have thrown up a red flag.My cousin is a game warden and if you knew half of what they go through and the pay they receive you might think a little differently.I find it somewhat funny that what i consider the TBH click (like the popular people in school) are the majority of the ones defending someone breaking game laws whether intentional or not.All law enforcement officers are different just like you and i and some will give you a warning and some will write a ticket for everything.It doesn't matter if someone was trying to learn to clean a deer or not.Laws were broken and you got tickets for it and now you say you look at game wardens in a different light when they are just doing a job . If you looked at all law enforcement that stopped you and didn't give you a warning in a different way you must not care for any of them. My .02

Comment

I can see the ticket for not filling out the log on the back, that's almost 5 years old now and they issued A LOT of warnings the 1st couple years. The other one I really don't get, given that all the meat was still there and you guys were up front with them.

It happens.

That trooper appears to be the one that worked the wreck me and some buddies were in right there 3 years ago. Nice guy.

Comment

Sorry you dudes got busted. No ill will was there but yup they got you.

My definition of quarter is front shoulders, rear hind quarters then backstrap and miscellaneous rib and neck trimmings.

I do fill out the back of the license for place of kill and so on but . . . .

For me anyway this thread brought up a great point..... while the $$$ was paid, I do not have a written document that indicates that I and my affilliates do have permission to be on that property and hunt. Great point. That also would go for the family land as I personally do not own that land.
                          Last edited by Pablo; 10-05-2009, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
                            This reminds my of my brothers mishap a few years ago. He shot a turkey at his lease, loaded it up and took it to the cabin(which is on the lease, that sits several miles from any main road/highway). While he's sitting by the fire drinking some coffee and waiting for his father in-law, the GW drives up. does the small talk with my brother for awhile, then asks about his turkey. After he gets the story of how the hunt went and what not the GW pulls out his ticket book, and writes my brother 2 tickets. First one for not tagging the animal, and the second for not filling out the backside of the license. My brother told the GW he had no intention of not tagging the animal, or trying to sneak it out of the lease. He even filled out the tag, the license, and tagged the bird while the GW was standing there.Whenhe talked to the Judge, the judge still made him pay the fine, but told him to just make the monthly payment. My brother sent I think $5 a month till the ticket was payed. The judge said doesn't matter how much you pay each month, just don't miss a payment. Might be the to do it Leggy!
                            So if someone gets caught with a game animal not tagged when the game warden shows up it is okay to fill out the license then? Everyone knows you are supposed to tag the animal in the field.If you don"t you deserve what you get.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. As far as the GW giving a citation or not it is not for the GW to decide whether a persons intention were to break the law or not. The GW's only job is to inforce the game laws and clearly 2 laws were brpken whether intentional or not. It is the judges job to determine intent and assess a fine accordingly. If the GW had not issued a citation then he would not be doing his job. I think the reason the game logs are viewed by the GW's sp seriously is that if they are not filled out poperly that a person could take more Bucks than they are allowed later on if they do not fill it out immidiately.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                                Leggy, I'm good for $10 to go towards this good story & (sorry) funny thread. I do think some will get an education due to your misfortune.
                                I'm also good for $10. Legdog provided a lesson for others and should not have to pay for it all.

Can someone set up a fund?

Sorry for being late, my PC is dragging this morning.
                                Last edited by Dru; 10-05-2009, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X