No announcement yet.

Legal Question about Theft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A set of tires is way cheaper than the legal fees you would spend in a civil suit even if you are justified & no criminal charges get filed...once you pull the trigger, someone is very likely going to meet you in court.

Save those bullets for a situation where you would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
      Theft of property at night I have the legal ability to shoot them. And **** right they are getting shot trying to take my stuff. They don't want shot leave my stuff alone.

Long as the shoot is legal then not worried about a lawsuit. And at night taking my stuff. Pretty sure that is legal. Will have to post the laws when I get back to my computer.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
      Not looking for the laws or what you will do in the event of. Just the two questions in regards to your initial statement.

Comment

If you go out the door guns blazing over a couple rims, you probably not going to like any part of what follows for years to come.

Comment

IMO just because you have the legal ability doesn’t mean it’s the right thing to do. I’m a firm believer in the use of deadly force if needed but I can only justify that if my life or my families life is in danger. I personally feel taking a life is not just cause for them trying to steal my tires (especially with everything going on). My first step would be to have a camera or 2 placed to capture the perps. Now I am not allowed to holding them at gunpoint until police arrive, however I would not be intending on shooting them unless it escalated to where deadly force was warranted. That’s just my 2 cents on the subject.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My personal opinion, wheels and tires aren’t worth the headache and what it’ll cost you in court, both in fees and in your time ... even if it’s deemed justified and you’re acquitted. I’d just set off the alarm on my truck and start strobing the porch and driveway lights, armed of course... just in case.

Like someone else said, that’s what insurance is for. I’m front of a jury, a grand jury at that, you roll the dice with a situation like this. Not worth it.

Comment

The original provider of net gun, handheld net launchers and nonlethal net shooters for animal control and rescue companies...

Get one of these and Citizens Arrest maybe?

Seriously though, it poses a good question and dilemma: What do you do if someone is not in your home, posing no threat to you or your family member's safety, but is stealing your property? I could go out there and scare them off, but then they would get away. I could try to physically apprehend one, but who knows if they have a weapon... While I have no idea how I would react in the actual moment, I think would probably have my wife call the cops while I run out there to take pictures/videos of them and their car/license plate, etc... and hope it leads to arrests.

Comment

shoot first and ask questions later. I mean thats what the rest of the guys with guns do. At least according the general population anyway

Comment

So sad what we've become.

I see the same pattern here as other crap. Not worth it to stop someone for cursing in a store, then for stealing gum, then car rims, then what? Thieves get bolder by the day just like the rioters when no one stands against them.

Not saying anyone's wrong...as it's not worth it.. Just sucks it came to this.

Comment

Just run out there buck naked screaming, I guarantee you they will leave in a hurry.

Comment

Only time to shoot is to eliminate a threat .

Comment

Tell them that you know "The Legend" and they wont mess with you

Comment

Originally posted by Calfroper81 View Post
                          Tell them that you know "The Legend" and they wont mess with you
                          Even more reason for them to hurt me lol

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                            The wrong ricochet and you get to spend a couple decades in prison.... YOU are responsible for where the bullet stops. If it hits a neighbor in their bed, you are responsible for that bullet.
                            Think about the Atlanta cop catching the Extra deadly conduct charges
                            After shooting the guy at Wendy’s and putting a bullet in that car fender

Comment

Are paint ball guns considered lethal? Would be nice to light up any thieves AND their transportation with colored dye for ease in tracking them down later!

RiverRat1 is correct. It is sad that we have to balance protecting our property with the potential of BS lawsuits. SSS truly needs to be a viable option!

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                                So sad what we've become.

I see the same pattern here as other crap. Not worth it to stop someone for cursing in a store, then for stealing gum, then car rims, then what? Thieves get bolder by the day just like the rioters when no one stands against them.

Not saying anyone's wrong...as it's not worth it.. Just sucks it came to this.
                                Agreed. Until there’s a drain of all of the corrupt politicians who are letting the bad guys win and reign dominance over everyone else, or until there’s a civil war... what can you do?

Comment

Working...
                                X