Idiot proof camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idiot proof camera

Been checkin out the pics you fellas been takin and I would like to get back into photography, however my concern is I've been out of it for so long I'm not sure if it would be feesible or even realistic for me to start again. Not sure how to put it on the computer, from comp to TBH, on photo grade paper, so on an so forth. I hope you're gettin my drift. I need something for a beginning idiot.

Just jump into the Digital camera world and don't worry about it at all. All of the new digital cameras come with a computer to camera interface and basically the camera is simply an extension of the computer's hard drive. Most of the newer digital cameras come with a basic photo editing/management suite as well and it's easy enough to get them from the camera to the PC now. As you learn more about digital photography, you will certainly gain the experience to manage and manipulate over time.

It's alot of fun and when you have nothing else better to do, another excuse to get out and about doing something.

Lot of folks here that will help you out so start looking around and just jump in with both boots on!

Comment

If you want to keep it simple, don't desire to change out lenses, but still want great pictures, you might check out the Canon G9. I just bought one as a present and it looks pretty darn nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakelover View Post
        If you want to keep it simple, don't desire to change out lenses, but still want great pictures, you might check out the Canon G9. I just bought one as a present and it looks pretty darn nice.
        I have also seen the ads for that camera, and it looks like a good one.

Snake, I have an anniversary coming up in June!

Comment

I recently purchased a digital/hard drive camcorder that has the capability to take photos...is that good enough or do I need a photo camera. It is a Canon...I think. You would think that I would know what I had!

Comment

Look at the Canon Powershot cameras. I have the S3 and love it. Here is a link to the new model.
            Finally we have the update everyone had expected at PMA, the new PowerShot S5 IS digital camera. The S5 IS features an eight megapixel 1/2.5" (5.8 x 4.3 mm) CCD sensor and a twelve times Image Stabilized zoom lens. Unfortunately this lens, while offering long reach with its maximum 432 mm equiv. FOV doesn't improve at the wide end with the same 36 mm equiv. FOV as the S3 IS. Improvements include Face Detection (for AF, AE and Flash in shooting mode and red-eye removal in playback), a 2.5" LCD monitor (up on the S3 IS) and a flash hot-shoe. Still no RAW support though.

Comment

Thanx guys I appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
              X