• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas prices

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
      Exactly. If you reload the creedmoor is pretty low in ranking in great 6.5s. 6.5-284. 264 WM. 260AI. 6.5 saum. All blow the doors off the creedmoor. None have many factory options and none are very affordable unless you reload. The creedmoor is a perfect example of brilliant marketing and making quality low cost ammo available.
      .260 had poor marketing and only a few factory loads.
      I ended up selling mine.
      But this thing seems to have less recoil.

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
        .260 had poor marketing and only a few factory loads.
        I ended up selling mine.
        But this thing seems to have less recoil.
        The gun makes a huge difference in recoil.

Recoil difference in the 2 is negligible. You’re correct. Marketing or lack of killed the 260. Just like the 6.5 rem. And 6mm rem.
        Last edited by trophy8; 01-20-2019, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Exactly. If you reload the creedmoor is pretty low in ranking in great 6.5s. 6.5-284. 264 WM. 260AI. 6.5 saum. All blow the doors off the creedmoor. None have many factory options and none are very affordable unless you reload. The creedmoor is a perfect example of brilliant marketing and making quality low cost ammo available.
          I’ll have to disagree with you to a degree on those rounds blowing the creed out of the water. For the sole point of most not being a good comparison. .260 AI is the only one you listed that is really a comparable. And though it on a reloaders table is superior(but obviously not even a possibility for the factory ammo shooter), the others don’t really even count. They would be similar to comparing a .308 and a .300 win mag. Sure they are both a .30 caliber, but the .300 win mag blows the .308 out of the water. It’s nonsense to compare them. And for the money involved in reloading, factored into time spent reloading that .260 AI, unless someone is bored it isn’t worth messing with over a creedmoor with quality factory ammo.

Comment

Originally posted by bk_tradguy88 View Post
            I’ll have to disagree with you to a degree on those rounds blowing the creed out of the water. For the sole point of most not being a good comparison. .260 AI is the only one you listed that is really a comparable. And though it on a reloaders table is superior(but obviously not even a possibility for the factory ammo shooter), the others don’t really even count. They would be similar to comparing a .308 and a .300 win mag. Sure they are both a .30 caliber, but the .300 win mag blows the .308 out of the water. It’s nonsense to compare them. And for the money involved in reloading, factored into time spent reloading that .260 AI, unless someone is bored it isn’t worth messing with over a creedmoor with quality factory ammo.
            Not really. 6.5 saum. Start there. Short action 6.5. Creedmoor can’t touch it. Not even close. 6.5-284. Same. Now I’d agree if I said 26 nosler or 6.5 weatherby. It’s been awhile since there has been a good creedmoor debate. They always end the same. Fanboys stick by its losing side like a Dallas cowboys fan. While the other side that has actual proof in the numbers sits back and laughs about it.

For a guy shooting 100 yards it’s not worth it. For a guy shooting 1000+ it is. I know. Because I’ve shot most all of these to that distance. And the creedmoor, while it did get the job done, sucked in comparison. Heck I think a 6.5 grendel is a fair comparison to the creedmoor haha

Comment

Not really. 6.5 saum. Start there. Short action 6.5. Creedmoor can’t touch it. Not even close. 6.5-284. Same. Now I’d agree if I said 26 nosler or 6.5 weatherby. It’s been awhile since there has been a good creedmoor debate. They always end the same. Fanboys stick by its losing side like a Dallas cowboys fan. While the other side that has actual proof in the numbers sits back and laughs about it.

For a guy shooting 100 yards it’s not worth it. For a guy shooting 1000+ it is. I know. Because I’ve shot most all of these to that distance. And the creedmoor, while it did get the job done, sucked in comparison. Heck I think a 6.5 grendel is a fair comparison to the creedmoor haha
              6.5 saum is a short action mag, not comparable. 6.5 284 is a round that really needs a long action. Not comparable.

The actual comparable rounds for a creedmoor are a .260 rem, and a 6.5X47 Lapua. Both are rounds that I’m a fan of. But there isn’t a cost standpoint to them. Simply that if you want to reload there are some advantages to them in performance and case life. I can debate it with the best of them. Not from a fan boy stance, just realistic common sense. I’ll give it to you that is is popular because of great marketing. But it’s not a bad round that has been marketed to greatness. If I could have bought quality factory 6.5X47 Lapua for similar cost it is what I would be shooting. A good debate is all well and good, but if you want to put comparables out there be reasonable. I don’t care about the cowboys, and I shoot 1,000 yards. Have with multiple calibers as well. I’m not saying there isn’t an argument that proper comparables don’t hold advantages over the creedmoor. I’m saying that the majority of what you listed isn’t comparables, and the ones that are comparable are close enough that it is a “want to play/reload” not a cost savings or just overwhelming performance increase.

Comment

6.5 saum is a short action mag, not comparable. 6.5 284 is a round that really needs a long action. Not comparable.

The actual comparable rounds for a creedmoor are a .260 rem, and a 6.5X47 Lapua. Both are rounds that I’m a fan of. But there isn’t a cost standpoint to them. Simply that if you want to reload there are some advantages to them in performance and case life. I can debate it with the best of them. Not from a fan boy stance, just realistic common sense. I’ll give it to you that is is popular because of great marketing. But it’s not a bad round that has been marketed to greatness. If I could have bought quality factory 6.5X47 Lapua for similar cost it is what I would be shooting. A good debate is all well and good, but if you want to put comparables out there be reasonable. I don’t care about the cowboys, and I shoot 1,000 yards. Have with multiple calibers as well. I’m not saying there isn’t an argument that proper comparables don’t hold advantages over the creedmoor. I’m saying that the majority of what you listed isn’t comparables, and the ones that are comparable are close enough that it is a “want to play/reload” not a cost savings or just overwhelming performance increase.
                I guess we will agree to disagree. The creedmoor has been the winnings of amazing marketing. If it was marketed and sold well they wouldn’t produce the ammo. And with you having shot 1000+ you can’t tell me that you disagree that there’s nothing special about it. Cost aside. “Good for the money” isn’t part of a quality debate. Now the 6 creedmoor? Absolutely. I get it though with you having one for sale

Comment

I guess we will agree to disagree. The creedmoor has been the winnings of amazing marketing. If it was marketed and sold well they wouldn’t produce the ammo. And with you having shot 1000+ you can’t tell me that you disagree that there’s nothing special about it. Cost aside. “Good for the money” isn’t part of a quality debate. Now the 6 creedmoor? Absolutely. I get it though with you having one for sale
                  As I said. I’ll buy another one. I don’t have the shooting time I once did, and therefore would rather have $2,000 in one instead of $5,000. I could really use that $3,000 right now. And of course I said the comparables are superior. I said they are not rounds that blow it out of the water. I get it though, you can’t argue what you know as true when you get to really comparable rounds, so it’s better to throw it to my selling a rifle and skirt the facts.

Comment

As I said. I’ll buy another one. I don’t have the shooting time I once did, and therefore would rather have $2,000 in one instead of $5,000. I could really use that $3,000 right now. And of course I said the comparables are superior. I said they are not rounds that blow it out of the water. I get it though, you can’t argue what you know as true when you get to really comparable rounds, so it’s better to throw it to my selling a rifle and skirt the facts.
                    I’m not skirting the facts at all. Start comparing other short acting standard bolt face rounds. Even put the 6.5-284 on a short action. 7-08. 260. 6.5-284. 6.5x47. 284 win. Not a single one listed does the creedmoor best on anything but cost per round. And I don’t really care about cost per round. The guy shooting 100 yards might. Same guy won’t care about ballistics. Many of the ones I listed outperform it enough by my standards to “blow it out of the water” Heck I’m not a 308 fan but load 155s in it and say goodbye to the creedmoor in everything but BC. I gave the creedmoor a chance. I put it through it’s paces. There’s a very good reason there’s not one sitting in my safe.
                    Last edited by trophy8; 01-20-2019, 11:28 PM.

Comment

I’m not skirting the facts at all. Start comparing other short acting standard bolt face rounds. Even put the 6.5-284 on a short action. 7-08. 260. 6.5-284. 6.5x47. 284 win. Not a single one listed does the creedmoor best on anything but cost per round. And I don’t really care about cost per round. The guy shooting 100 yards might. Same guy won’t care about ballistics. Many of the ones I listed outperform it enough by my standards to “blow it out of the water” Heck I’m not a 308 fan but load 155s in it and say goodbye to the creedmoor in everything but BC. I gave the creedmoor a chance. I put it through it’s paces. There’s a very good reason there’s not one sitting in my safe.
                      Different people also have different opinions, and I get that. Because I’ve had a 7mm-08 and it’s not in my safe anymore for a reason, and there will never be another. Actually my 6.5 creed started as that 7-08 before I sent it to short action customs. The debate was only between the other comparable 6.5 rounds. Because I love a .308. If it wasn’t for ammo cost I would have done a .308. But the 6.5 creed was cheaper to shoot. I’m more partial personally to the 175 grn in a .308. At the end of the day a creedmoor will still hold a space in my safe. Until I’m retirement age and just want to play with reloading during extra time. Then that 6.5 can be replaced by a 6.5x47 Lapua. Or who knows what may exist by then.

Comment

"blow it out of the water"

In Hornady's marketing material? Sure.
                        In our spreadsheets on our computers? You bet.

When you're shooting any of them (other than 26Nos or 264Win), you will feel no difference.

When you're looking at the wound channels on Texas sized game? You will see no difference.

When you're shooting targets out farther than (I, anyway) can ethically hunt? No meaningful difference.

26Nos and 264Win are in a different class. But the differences between 6.5x47 all the way to 6.5x284 and most definitely including 65SAUM and 65PRC are negligible, off the internet and in the real world.

I honestly can't understand why the "bigger is better" crowd doesn't all jump up to 26 Nosler. If I lived in WY or MT and was shooting antelope at 500+ on a regular basis, I wouldn't be dinking around with a few FPS.

Comment

Originally posted by Balcones_Walker View Post
                          "blow it out of the water"

In Hornady's marketing material? Sure.
                          In our spreadsheets on our computers? You bet.

When you're shooting any of them (other than 26Nos or 264Win), you will feel no difference.

When you're looking at the wound channels on Texas sized game? You will see no difference.

When you're shooting targets out farther than (I, anyway) can ethically hunt? No meaningful difference.

26Nos and 264Win are in a different class. But the differences between 6.5x47 all the way to 6.5x284 and most definitely including 65SAUM and 65PRC are negligible, off the internet and in the real world.

I honestly can't understand why the "bigger is better" crowd doesn't all jump up to 26 Nosler. If I lived in WY or MT and was shooting antelope at 500+ on a regular basis, I wouldn't be dinking around with a few FPS.
                          Lmao. I’d suggest going to look at the ballistics charts. Or better yet getting hands on experience. My 6.5-284 was 3050-3070 FPS with a 140 Berger. Just for an example.

But my mission was accomplished here . Helped entertain me on a long night at work. Everyone shoots what they want. The way it should be!! Y’all have a good one.

Comment

Lmao. I’d suggest going to look at the ballistics charts. Or better yet getting hands on experience. My 6.5-284 was 3050-3070 FPS with a 140 Berger. Just for an example.

But my mission was accomplished here . Helped entertain me on a long night at work. Everyone shoots what they want. The way it should be!! Y’all have a good one.
                            Likewise I never get tired of debating cartridges with y'all.

Comment

Working...
                            X