Weekend of Firsts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekend of Firsts

With only one day to hunt me, my son and daughter packed up Friday evening to head to the land at 2 am Saturday for a one day hunt. They both wanted to go, and even though the wife thought it’s crazy to go for one day we woke and to Gonzales Saturday morning. On the way there my son insisted he could walk to his stand by himself. He’s been hunting alone for 2 years and at 15 he said he could go there alone so I told him OK( it’s about 500yd walk to his stand). As me and my daughter were getting settled he text and told me he was in and we were set ready to go. That morning my daughter shot her first buck off the family land it was the biggest buck ever taken off the property. That afternoon my son shot his first bow pig at 30 yds, and he smoked it. I was super pumped that he shot an 80lber at 30yds and it was still early. Around 4:45 I looked up and seen a boat out on the brush eating hand corn and waited for my daughter to see and she said dad a pig. So she got the gun out it out the window and BANG boar down!!! That was her first pig ever. And she didn’t know but I had bought her, her own gun this past week and sighted it in earlier in the week. She was super excited she has her own gun and took her buck and pig that day!!! As a father it is awesome to share theses moments together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good stuff Dad ! One day hunt paid off big time.

Comment

Good memories right there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome, congrats to all.

Comment

Way to go Dad, memories to last a lifetime!
          Congratulations to all !!

Comment

That's some good stuff right there Dad. Congratulations to your hunters!

Comment

that's just awesome!

Comment

Congrats all around.

Comment

Working...
                X