Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck in for LDP's!

Comment

Shot 1 arrow from 60yds and felt good. Actually slipped behind the house and hunted for the last hour of dark and watched 6 does come out into a field where they’ve notoriously come from. So I got to confirm the doe group was still bedded there and still bunched up so the stands we have around that area should be hot this week. There was a fresh scrape on the trail back there as well. Ready to do some more scouting tomorrow and find a big deer.
      Attached Files

Comment

Good luck.

Comment

I am heading to right outside Ottawa, Kansas in about 7 hours. Word I am getting is there is some chasing and rutting going on. This next week should be good

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck, leaving Sunday for a week!

Comment

Its on!

Wish I'd came a wk later. Been here since last sat. 2 buddies killed a 130s and 150s.

I had a 160s at 22 yds for 10 min, no shot.

All of us had bks running doe's hard today. I shot a BIG doe today cause I'm leaving tomorrow.

First few days were brutal. Got down to 5* and winds in the 30 mph range for 3 days straight.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191113-090305_Messages.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	24599562

Good luck guys! Think weathers gonna be good.

D.
              Last edited by 12ring; 11-15-2019, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Should have low 30’s in the morning. We plan to hunt for a few hours and if things slow down we are going to get down and scout hard through midday. We picked up another 200ac on the ground I killed my deer last year that was all Beans and is jam up. Time to put some more stands up on it tomorrow. Will report back in the morning...

Comment

Had to share this giant 7 point we have on camera. Pic is from velvet but they’ve seen him 2-3 times this last week and he’s on some recent TC pics that I don’t have yet. I’ve never seen a 7 point this big. Gotta be 22-24” wide or more too.
                  Attached Files

Comment

No service in the stand this morning, but I saw 6-8 different small and medium bucks. Rattled in beautiful 3yo 10pt that should be a slammer in 2 years. Everyone saw bucks this morning just nothing big enough to put a tag on. Headed now to put out 6 cell cams on various spots...

Comment

We got 4-5 spots corned up and a cell cam or two where we had service. Slow afternoon for most of us hunting. Wind changes a bit tomorrow and should be good for our sets. Service still spotty everywhere and tough to do live updates.

Comment

Sorry guys Service is bad spotty out here. Only wifi in camp helping us post at all. Been a slow couple days so far and looks like possible lockdown. I refreshed an old set after the AM hunt and then scouted the rest of the afternoon on a new tract we got near the Beanfield I killed in last year. I feel like I may have found a big deer by these rubs I found. Put a cell cam out where o found a signal and a Cudde on a beat down trail nearby the biggest rub. I think this buck is running a steep bench and cruising. I’ll likely hang 2 sets tomrrow after AM hunt to try and pin him down.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I passed a big mature 8pt this morning that was trailing a doe. He’s got a huge body and likely the dominant buck in the area, but not much for headgear. Could be a last day buck! Seeing a few more back moving now. Rest of week should get better if we get some colder temps

Comment

Well, I shot that giant 7pt today around 330pm after a light rain. Had 4 bucks chasing does in a crp grass field and I made some aggressive grunts and snort/wheeze and that big 7 came my way looking. He jumped a short fence and lost interest and started walking the other way. I threw every call I could at him with no response, but then grabbed my rattle bag and slammed them against my leg while I held my bow in the other hand. He immediately turned around and made a b-line for me. He literally walked right at me and I drew and shot him directly under my stand. I was in a boatseat stand so really no way to turn around and try to shoot him once past me. So I took the strait down shot and only got about 6-10” penetration from what I could tell. It broke his shoulder for sure and he looked hurt bad, but not sure if I got into his vitals or not. I waited 30 mins and then eased out of the area. Im going back tomrrow, but he ran off with the arrow and there wasn’t any blood from that angle. I’m going to grid search and hope for the best but not very optimistic with the penetration I got. Will update if I find anything.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by mdnabors; 11-20-2019, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Wow. Good luck on the recovery and keep us posted.

Comment

Dang man. In for recovery! Hope you find him.

Comment

Working...
                                X