help with photon xt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help with photon xt

i picked up this scope a while back and with the help of a friend got it sighted in on my 6.8...its been in the closet all summer and i finally got it out last night to charge the batteries for a hog hunt this weekend.

i was messing around with it last night, trying to figure it out and ended up on the "X axis" and like an idiot i turned the knob, moving the cross hairs.

now, when i first saw it, it was on -5, so i moved it back to -5, and the y-axis was on -17. should they both be on 0? i dont know if i screwed it all up or what... i turned it off and turned it back on and i was still at -5 and -17.

i should have time to shoot it before the hunt but wanted to check here and see how bad i messed it up so i dont do it again.

thanks

If when you sighted it in on your rifle it was zeroed at x=-5 and y=-17 you should leave it set to those values.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

You should always write down your zero setting on that scope. This is the exact reason to keep a log.

I would confirm zero of I had the opportunity just to be sure
        1. I had the correct numbers written down
        2. That the optic was repeatable in its settings

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Comment

i will. when i turn it off and turn it back on it goes back to the same numbers...i am guessing there is more to changing the zero than just moving it like i did...?

i am taking it that i should still be on zero but i will shoot it before the hunt just to make sure.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
            i will. when i turn it off and turn it back on it goes back to the same numbers...i am guessing there is more to changing the zero than just moving it like i did...?

i am taking it that i should still be on zero but i will shoot it before the hunt just to make sure.
            There shouldn't be anything more. I just like a conformation that everything's working properly and repeatable

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Comment

I zeroed mine in at 100, 50, and 25 yards and wrote down the settings. I change between settings depending on the distance at which I anticipate shooting when hunting different stands. I have also moved the scope between rifles and use the zero numbers for each particular rifle. Zero has always been perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by wade _s View Post
                I zeroed mine in at 100, 50, and 25 yards and wrote down the settings. I change between settings depending on the distance at which I anticipate shooting when hunting different stands. I have also moved the scope between rifles and use the zero numbers for each particular rifle. Zero has always been perfect.
                Good info sir thanks

Comment

Finally mounted and zeroed mine yesterday. Good info here.

Need to mess with it more, at the moment I'm not overly impressed with the daytime view

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                    Finally mounted and zeroed mine yesterday. Good info here.

Need to mess with it more, at the moment I'm not overly impressed with the daytime view

Man me either, I'm hoping I just haven't messed with it enough but I was trying to kill some pigs yesterday in the woods and COULD NOT find them in the scope. I think the lighting in there was messing with it but I could make out the trees and logs but man I could not see the hogs and they were less than 40y away.

I think maybe one walked out of the shadows and into some light and I was able to see him and let it rip.

But I was getting frustrated for about 5mins watching them and not being able to pick them up in the scope.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                      Man me either, I'm hoping I just haven't messed with it enough but I was trying to kill some pigs yesterday in the woods and COULD NOT find them in the scope. I think the lighting in there was messing with it but I could make out the trees and logs but man I could not see the hogs and they were less than 40y away.

I think maybe one walked out of the shadows and into some light and I was able to see him and let it rip.

But I was getting frustrated for about 5mins watching them and not being able to pick them up in the scope.
                      I actually have the RT lookin at it. I was able to see better at night yesterday than when I zeroed it. I could see the legs on the feeder at 180 yards only using the IR on the scope. I have a streamlight external IR to try.

I'm guessing you don't expect to make ragged holes in the paper when shooting one. I shot 4 times and had the last 2 about an inch apart and figured that's well enough for pigs. I don't expect to shoot more than 100 and the stand with the most pigs is only 30 to the feeder

Comment

Working...
                      X