Wyoming state land bighorn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wytex View Post
    We have some private access but also can hunt the NF east of Laramie and some scattered parcels in Sybille Canyon area. It is an additional tag and for specific areas, we have seen some bucks on the ranch we work for so that's why we put in.

Went pronghorn hunting yesterday and this morning, over near Saratoga, Wy. Public land and bucks are hard to find right now but winter is coming and will push some more into the area. Found 2 mature bucks, mine goes 13 + and the spouses pushes 14 inches.
    Notice the weather change from pone day to the next.
    Nice bucks! Learned a long time ago to always bring tire chains and shovel to WY!

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
      Finally put it together on my sheep hunt. Had access to some landlocked state land and the sheep finally cooperated. Saw a group of rams last Sunday near the parcel and today they were where we could get on them.
      Awesome job Congratz!

Comment

Well we had 'em but decided going out wouldn't be too bad last week. Shovels came in handy. Going back up this weekend to get my truck out at the ranch and hunt some cow elk, if the snow cooperates. It should be mostly gone.
        Attached Files

Comment

Wyoming whitetail

The season is finally winding down for us. We both have Type 3 , additional any whitetail tags for some private land we can hunt and the NF here right above town. Spouse went up on the NF this morning and rattled up this nice 3 1/2 yr old 8 pt from his bed. We are looking for meat for the freezer at this point so he was perfect.
          Going back up in the morning for my hunt.
          It takes about 15 minutes from the house to get to this area when the roads are good, a popular recreation area on the National Forest.
          He had about a 300 yard drag to the road, but it was through the timber and down a ridge you see in the background.
          The deer are pretty "fluffy" up here already, he had a beautiful cape and good body fat.
          Attached Files

Comment

Here's some rutting rams on state land in the same area. They get pretty visible this time of the year.
            Max PP might get one of you a shot at a nice DIY ram here.
            These pics were taken 4 days apart.
            Attached Files

Comment

Wonderful thread
              Congrats on the trophies.

Comment

Big boys!!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

A sad update on the ram I photoed Thanksgiving week.
                    We were up to take care of some horses and saw magpies fly up from the state section along the highway while looking for the band of sheep.
                    Looks like the ram was hit by a vehicle about a week after my pics.
                    We reported the dead ram to G&F , they have a facility right down the road, and a guy we know picked it up. We called the GW and on the way home were able to pick up the head so we can get it plugged to keep it.
                    He was a nice 9 yr old with a tight curl but a nice flare out.
                    He'll get euroed by the spouse after our taxidermist pulls the horns, then they get reattached by the taxi.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Bummer. Glad you can keep it though

Comment

We'll get him presentable.
                        1st step done, now the horns have to rot loose so taxidermist can pry them off for spouse to boil out the skull.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

Nice! Congrats!

Comment

Man that is simply awesome they let you salvage the head.

Comment

Should be getting my ram scored end of this week. I think he'll end up between 175-180 B&C. It will be interesting for sure , his mass really makes a difference.

Comment

Working...
                                X