Class A CDL Practice Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Class A CDL Practice Test

Anyone got a good link to a good practice test. I do not need air breaks, hazardous materials, tanker, etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm your guy. What's your email?
    Last edited by BlackHogDown; 09-25-2019, 08:56 AM.

Comment

I didnt know there were practice test to take. I had to read the book back in the day when I got mine.

Heads up, it is a complete PITA to pass the driving test part now. We send guys all the time and they almost never pass the first time.. Its almost as the system is set up to fail the first time.

Comment

Matt I read the book as well when i took mine. Some questions were tough but overall you can pick out the best answer from the choices they give you.

Driving test was super easy when i took mine back in 2015 but as stated above i heard it is not as simple as it once was.

Good luck on the test.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
          I'm your guy. What's your email?

Sent it via PM

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
            Sent it via PM

You've got it. I should start selling this stuff

Good luck, bud,

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
              You've got it. I should start selling this stuff

Good luck, bud,

What flavor beer do you drink. I’m in Spring so I can deliver the payment[emoji51]

Comment

I could use the material if offering up.

Comment

U can google cdl answers.com

Comment

I just had a driver fail the pretrip, the lady said he didn't explain the function of each thing thorough enough. The test has definitely changed and gotten harder.

Comment

Originally posted by mrc View Post
                      I just had a driver fail the pretrip, the lady said he didn't explain the function of each thing thorough enough. The test has definitely changed and gotten harder.
                      All drivers tell me that you have to point, touch, and say the item your inspecting. I have drivers that fail everyday over it. Very different than the old way.

Comment

I am NOT an instructor or affiliated with any driving school or anything like that. I simply went through the process myself and had a hard time. Just trying to make it easier for the others at work.

The inspection portion is no joke. I failed it my first time. I managed to find an inspection score sheet. It is NOT the one they use but close enough. The study guide section on the pretrip is a bit much. As stated above, you MUST physically put your hand on the part you're inspecting and explain your thought process. "I'm inspecting the lugs for rust or shiny threads indicating a loose lug." Stuff like that.

Also included in the pretrip is the airbrake test, if applicable. Make sure you can perform that procedure in your sleep.

Hope it helps.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by BlackHogDown; 09-25-2019, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mtltx View Post
                          All drivers tell me that you have to point, touch, and say the item your inspecting. I have drivers that fail everyday over it. Very different than the old way.
                          My driver and a senior driver that was with him said he did that, the instructor said he didn't give enough detail of the function of each item. maybe she was having a bad day who knows, but it is definitely not like it used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
                            What flavor beer do you drink. I’m in Spring so I can deliver the payment[emoji51]

Nah, first one's on me! Believe it or not, we still have some fail.

Comment

Originally posted by mrc View Post
                              My driver and a senior driver that was with him said he did that, the instructor said he didn't give enough detail of the function of each item. maybe she was having a bad day who knows, but it is definitely not like it used to be.
                              Nope. They're all like that. Then they won't even tell you where you messed up either. When completed, you have to say, "OK. I'm done."

My experience went like this:

"Are you sure?"

"Well... i was. Hold on... Yeah, I'm done."

"Sorry i cannot pass you based on your performance of the pretrip inspection."

"What did i miss?"

"I can't tell you that."

Comment

Working...
                              X