Memphis Eats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memphis Eats

Heading to Memphis soon. I know there are some pretty good places to eat there. Any recommendations?

Germantown Commissary and Rendezvous are my favorite.

Comment

Central BBQ and Blues City Cafe are real good

Comment

BB Kings place. Hole in the wall place, but the best potatoes I've ever had.

Comment

Central BBQ was good.

If you walk around the downtown area, be prepared to get asked for money every 10 steps....

Comment

Gus's Fried Chicken....as many times as you can stand to eat it.

Dyer's Burger....deep fried burgers in grease that is filtered daily but hasn't been changed in over 100 years....yes, you read that right.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
              I've only had it from the Houston location, but it is daamn good.

Comment

Originally posted by mev002 View Post
                I've only had it from the Houston location, but it is daamn good.
                The Houston location is good. I hit it about once a month. The service in Houston sucks though.

True story: I woke up one Saturday morning to my wife watchin Diners, Drive Ins and Dives on the Food Network. They were at Gus's. Fast forward two hours and we are at the airport awaiting a flight to Memphis where we rented a car and drove straight to Gus's. When it comes to fried chicken, I'm a bit impulsive.

Comment

We like Germantown Commissary's smoked wings! We'll be eating lunch there March 6.
                  Last edited by Wyatt 545; 02-26-2020, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Rendezvous

Comment

The Houston location is good. I hit it about once a month. The service in Houston sucks though.

True story: I woke up one Saturday morning to my wife watchin Diners, Drive Ins and Dives on the Food Network. They were at Gus's. Fast forward two hours and we are at the airport awaiting a flight to Memphis where we rented a car and drove straight to Gus's. When it comes to fried chicken, I'm a bit impulsive.
                      We went to Gus's in Downtown Memphis and to be honest I wasn't that impressed. It was good but I think my expectations were set to high.

Comment

flying fish and a canadian place just down from it not far off beal street and near the pyramid

Comment

X2 on central bbq. Hands down best ribs I’ve ever had.

Comment

Not much to eat in Memphis Texas. Sonic?

Comment

Dyer's Burger....deep fried burgers in grease that is filtered daily but hasn't been changed in over 100 years....yes, you read that right.
                              Those burgers are great. Central BBQ was good.

Comment

Working...
                              X