Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 Workout Accountability thread!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been a LONG time, like 15 years, since I've seen a gym, but the wife signed her and I up for a local fitness/cross fit type outfit. I need to get in shape horribly, but I know I'm going to suffer initially! My fitness goals are simple:
    Lose a few pounds and just get healthier

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
      It's been a LONG time, like 15 years, since I've seen a gym, but the wife signed her and I up for a local fitness/cross fit type outfit. I need to get in shape horribly, but I know I'm going to suffer initially! My fitness goals are simple:
      Lose a few pounds and just get healthier

That crossfit stuff will get you into shape no doubt! Some intense stuff from what I’ve seen.

Comment

I haven't done any serious cardio in a while. Dropped off the 2019 thread around October. Got on the elliptical today... first time on one. Got in 0.64 miles in 8 minutes and I was pretty much done. I got it to use to warm up before weight lifting, but figured I'd try to cut some fat a couple weeks before hitting the weights again. Kept my speed between 4.6 and 5.7. The wife said I need to go slower. That really didn't seem like I was going very fast. I'll try to keep the speed around 3 next time... probably Wednesday.

Comment

Finally started today for the new year. Daughter and I did a 1-1.5 mile 20-25 minute run/walk when we got home. Got the heart rate up to 130s for about 15-20 minutes. Then ate meat and veggies only for dinner.

Comment

About to head in for arms and core!
            Curious to how the crowds are.

Also have chicken and veggies packed for lunch.

Comment

Just got don’t hurting my cardio for the day. Hitting the chest and tri after work. Did legs and back earlier this week. Man I feel like a buck post rut.

Comment

Worked out chest this morning

Flat Bench 4x10
                Incline dumbbell press 4x10
                Incline push press 4x10
                Low Cable Fly's 4x10
                High Cable Fly's 4x10
                Chest Fly Machine 4x10
                Wide Grip Bench 4x10
                Dips to failure

Comment

I rolled out of bed 25 mins later than i wanted to so not much core which will roll into manana.

65 mins total, 826 cals, and 143 BPM average.

Leaning towards legs and back for tomorrow.

Comment

Made it to 5am class with wife this morning.
                    4 sets bench press (feet on bench, pause at bottom) 15 reps at 50% of max.
                    Cardio: (20 minute cap)
                    4 rounds
                    500 meter row (had to be under 2 minutes)
                    15 burpees

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                      Man I feel like a buck post rut.
                      Man I mean to tell ya.

I’ve been laying low protecting a sore wing.

Gettin back into the swing of things but it’s amazing how much weaker I feel layin off the big lifts for a couple months. Chest day yesterday was laughable at best.

Comment

I had a presentation to make this morning at 0800 and had to be outta the gym by 0730 to go set up so I got up a little earlier (0400) and made it to the gym by 0515. I had enough time to get some chest and biceps done. I didn't get as much as I would like, but at least I won't be sore as heck. Supersets with abs in the mix.

Bench press/BB curl/incline situp
                        Seated wide grip chest press/preacher curl/cable rotation
                        Incline bilateral chest press/incline DB curl/hanging leg raise

Tomorrow will be a game day decision. My wife does a crossfit routine with a group on M-W-F and the box will be a little crowded. I was thinking some battling ropes work, burpees, ball slams and other "fun" stuff. We shall see what happens.

Comment

Made my 2019 goal of running 600 miles. Actual mileage was 602.

Same goal for this year.

Comment

Originally posted by DRettele View Post
                            Made my 2019 goal of running 600 miles. Actual mileage was 602.

Same goal for this year.
                            That's great!

Comment

Chicken and veggies as well for me, then headed to the gym after lunch! Late night with the baby made morning motivation a little difficult!

Comment

Another day down. Mental toughness is about to be tested. Sugar withdrawals ain’t no beech apparently lol. This afternoon into tonight was tough. Dinner sucked and I’m hungry still. Or I think I am. Just craving something sweet.

Did another 22minute 1.58 mile run/walk soon as I got home. Avg heart rate was 168. Legs and thighs are sore as heck. Jumped on the scale for fun after a shower and was down 4lbs. Probably just fluids but I’ll take it.

Comment

Working...
                                X