X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Bible Portion (Friday)

Daily Bible Portion – 6 of 7
    "JETHRO"

(Reading>>Exodus 18:1-20:26, Isaiah 6:1-13, Matthew 5:1-48, Acts 6:1-7, Hebrews 12:18-29, 1 Peter 2:9-10)

Consecration
    (Exodus 19:10-11)

Yahweh stipulated a three-day consecration time for the Bride before she came to meet her Betrothed at the Mountain of Yahweh. As in a wedding, the Bride makes herself ready. She changes her clothes and washes herself before putting on clean clothes. This is called a mikvah or baptism and is for a change of status. On the third day a very long blast was heard and a cloud covered the mountain. The cloud covering became the chuppah or covering under which Yahweh came out to meet His bride.

Lightning and thunder followed and a long, loud ram’s horn blast was heard. Fear struck the people as they watched. Then Yahweh uttered His ten famous words to the people that later came to traditionally be known as the Ten Commandments. In Hebrew they were called the Aseret HaDibrot, which translated means Ten Statements or categories (Exodus 20:1-17).

Acts 2:1-4 “When the Day of Pentecost [Shavuot] had fully come, they were all with one accord [echad] in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and ones at upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.”

As in a wedding, there is an exchange of meaningful words between Yahweh and His Bride who are entering into Covenant relationship for eternity. What was unsaid at the altar is all the additional information it takes to make a marriage work. These ten spoken words by Yahweh to His people at Mount Sinai were an outline for the marriage or family mission statement if you will. The Bridegroom was declaring His intentions to His Bride through prophetic language to bless her (i.e.: I will cause her to have no other gods before Me. I will cause her to remember the Sabbath and keep it holy). Following the exchange of vows at Mount Sinai, the Ten Statements were fully expanded on in what is called the Mosaic Covenant (Exodus 19 to 24). Understanding Yahweh’s teaching and instruction for marriage and obeying them consecrates the Bride as she enters her walk of redemption, bringing her toward holiness, ready, without spot or wrinkle, to her Bridegroom on His wedding day.

continues tomorrow...
Working...
X