Panhandle Mule Deer Guide???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm finally in a position where I'd love to knock out a wishlist hunt. I grew up in the Lubbock area and always dreamed of hunting the sandhills and/or peanut fields around Muleshoe and Brownfield for the mule deer we would see out there. My problem is finding an outfitter or guide who operates in the area. I've found a couple east of Lubbock off the caprock but was only looking to that if I can't find anyone west of Lubbock. Does anyone have any tips or know of a person who sells or guides hunters in the area? Feel free to PM me if you don't feel like sharing on the Green Screen.

Any help is appreciated.

Man there's some good deer around but I don't know any guides just land owners that shoot a good deer when they see it. My cousin killed a good one that was over 27 in wide on the families 80 acres of CRP in Dawson Co. last week...Good luck

Comment

Ray Gutierrez
      (806)548-6863

Tell him Pablo sent you.

Comment

Dessert safaris has some places around Muleshoe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Thanks for the info so far.

Comment

Mesquite Country Outfitters on the Fork is where I'd look. mcohunts.com

Oops...I hadn't realized the price of their hunts have doubled over the last couple years. Cool place with some big boys.
            Last edited by tkuehn5410; 12-04-2019, 11:52 PM.

Comment

What are you looking to spend?

Comment

In for information also.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                  What are you looking to spend?
                  Don't really have a set budget but I'm not looking to spend more than $10K.

Comment

Originally posted by bowtecmike View Post
                    Dessert safaris has some places around Muleshoe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                    Thanks for the tip. I tried calling them this week with no return call yet. I completely missed on their website that they have property in the panhandle. BTW, I just noticed you are from Shallowater and hunt in Kent County. Small world, I graduated from Shallowater and have a lease in Kent County.

Comment

Is big mule deer or the location that you kill the mule deer more important to you? I live in Lubbock. I hunt mule deer in Colorado. TPWD is notoriously bad at managing mule deer in my opinion. After the first couple of years that a county is open the quantity of quality bucks drops fast.

For what it’s worth you can go kill 180+ type bucks in your price range in Colorado or Utah.

While not the norm, I killed a 204 last year and a 197 this year in Colorado. I’ll hunt around here when I can but I dang sure won’t pay big money to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by RdRdrFan View Post
                        Is big mule deer or the location that you kill the mule deer more important to you? I live in Lubbock. I hunt mule deer in Colorado. TPWD is notoriously bad at managing mule deer in my opinion. After the first couple of years that a county is open the quantity of quality bucks drops fast.

For what it’s worth you can go kill 180+ type bucks in your price range in Colorado or Utah.

While not the norm, I killed a 204 last year and a 197 this year in Colorado. I’ll hunt around here when I can but I dang sure won’t pay big money to do it.
                        **** did we see pics? I would love to see them those are both very impressive deer.

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
                          **** did we see pics? I would love to see them those are both very impressive deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by RdRdrFan; 12-08-2019, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Here is the 204 (2018 buck) on the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by RdRdrFan View Post
                              Here is the 204 (2018 buck) on the wall.

Dang bud those are both great bucks but that 204 is ridiculous. Congrats!
                              Sending a PM.
                              Last edited by myway; 12-08-2019, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X