lightweight long range gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lightweight long range gun

looking for a gun I can tote anywhere and shoot 600 plus yards. pretty much set on a 300 win mag and wanting to stay under a grand for the gun.
    I am thinking tikka. any other suggestions?

Browning xbolt hells canyon speed. I have one in 300 win mag and love it.. its right at a grand. lightweight and very accurate. fluted stainless barrel

Comment

I've had good luck with Tikka"s. I have one in .300 and .270 WSM. I had a buddy with the Browning Hell"s canyon Speed I shot a handful of times in .300. I liked it.

I put Bell and Carlson stocks on my Tikka"s. Turns them into a different gun imo.
      Last edited by Arrowthreat; 11-25-2019, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Vanguard Backcountry, Wilderness, or First Lite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bergara B14 Hunter is well under your price range, and these gun's are shooters. You can look at there higher end rifles if you want to spend more. I have a Ridge in a 7 mag and took 4 shot's to zero during break in, and I haven't had to move anything yet. This is shooting your regular Rem Core Lokts. Just bought these to break in with, but they shoot so good, I see no reason to try anything else. Trigger is great. Fit and Finish is above par, compared to everything in the price range. Nothing but good things to say.

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post

x2.....the first lite is awesome!!

Comment

I have two Vanguard's and I love them, but I think there's better choice's out there. Recently had a crummy experience with there customer service.

Comment

I have been considering it with the price and all I just have not heard much about how well they shoot

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
                  I have been considering it with the price and all I just have not heard much about how well they shoot

I’ve got a couple and they all shoot lights out

Comment

Just something to consider. 300WM and light rifle combined don’t make for the easiest to shoot accurately.

Comment

My cousin just bought a kimber mountain ascent 300 win mag . That’s ****er is light !

Comment

Rem 700 SPS .300 Win Mag, light durable, accurate & fair priced

Comment

I've got a Browning X bolt stainless stalker Carbon fluted 270 wsm I'd sell. Has Talley LW rings and a Swarovski 3-10x40 with the BRH reticle. These rifle aren't made anymore. 6.6 lbs bare rifle.

Fluted barrel, carbon fiber Dura-Touch finish, matte stainless, detachable rotary magazine, short throw bolt, adjustable trigger, bolt-action

Comment

I have the bergara b-14. It is very very light. Kills on one end, maims on the other. It is easy to carry, but not so much to shoot. The gun is accurate as all get-out, but the recoil makes it not fun.

Comment

I’d go Tikka. I have a semi custom 6.5 C built off a Tikka action and I have a stainless T3 Lite 308 I had cut 16” and threaded. Both shoot lights out. The factory 308 cut, recrowned and threaded surprised me. I wasnt expecting the groups to be as small as they were. Next on my list is a Tikka 7mm.

Comment

Working...
                              X