PSA F250 Cold Side Intercooler Pipe Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSA F250 Cold Side Intercooler Pipe Kit

So after reading all the stories, I ordered my kit and did the changeout this morning on my 2016 F250...

Words of advice:

- Drink about 4-5 adult beverages so you’ll be relaxed and nice and limber.

- Make sure you have a new can of WR-40 to spray all the pipes/fittings/clamps down and then just go ahead and spray your arms down ahead of time since your going to get dirty anyway and it will help you work those connections...

- If you don’t have a 12” socket extension STOP immediately and go to HD or Lowes to purchase one. You’re screwed if you don’t...

- Might as well go buy more beer so that way when you start getting frustrated you can take the edge off some more...

- Make sure you have a ladder handy for climbing up onto the engine compartment area...

- Lastly, make sure you have a pad or knee pads available for 1) climbing on the ground and under your truck to retrieve the things you drop while working up above and 2) to lay over the side of the engine compartment when you have to climb up over the engine to try and get leverage to wiggle the bottom hose on.

Was it the hardest DIY project I’ve done - NO. But it may have been the most frustrating.... took me about an hour and a half to include consuming the adult beverages (don’t judge, it’s noon already someplace in the world...).
    G.

At least you planned ahead. Sounds like the way I used to work.
    At least it's done now. Time to relax and cool off.

Comment

How much does it cost to have a shop replace it?

Comment

Originally posted by Dejashoot View Post
        How much does it cost to have a shop replace it?
        I don’t know but at about $125/hr labor, I bet they charge you $250+. It’s really not that hard to do/just requires a lot of patience and perseverance IMO

Comment

Are you sure you did the cold side intercooler pipe? I did mine last year on my 2015 and it might have taken 10 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
            Are you sure you did the cold side intercooler pipe? I did mine last year on my 2015 and it might have taken 10 minutes.
            Yes sir - I’d pay money to see you take my old one off and install a new one in 10 minutes!!!. If that’s the case, you are a master black belt and I’m stuck on yellow for life...

Comment

Originally posted by gneimeth View Post
              Yes sir - I’d pay money to see you take my old one off and install a new one in 10 minutes!!!. If that’s the case, you are a master black belt and I’m stuck on yellow for life...
              LOL, maybe I had a few beverages and don't remember it taking that long. I do know I had to put some pipe thread on the sensor threads to fit the aftermarket one best.

Good insurance though and worth the time, especially if you tow heavy.

Comment

LOL, maybe I had a few beverages and don't remember it taking that long. I do know I had to put some pipe thread on the sensor threads to fit the aftermarket one best.

Good insurance though and worth the time, especially if you tow heavy.
                Maybe I bought a cheap kit? It was $129 on Amazon ???

Comment

Funny post,
                  I got the joy of doing mine 3x since the company I bought my replacement from sent me a stainless pipe that immediately rusted all to heck.

1st time was at a Ford dealer so I could get home.
                  2nd time- putting the mo betta aftermarket soon to rust pipe on
                  3rd time was replacing the rusty one with a real stainless replacement (which they swapped out for free, and gave my 45yo azz a bag full of stickers and key chains for my time and effort)

I remember using my forearms to thoroughly clean that side of my engine bay- as in they went in whiteish tan and came out coal black.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                    Funny post,
                    I got the joy of doing mine 3x since the company I bought my replacement from sent me a stainless pipe that immediately rusted all to heck.

1st time was at a Ford dealer so I could get home.
                    2nd time- putting the mo betta aftermarket soon to rust pipe on
                    3rd time was replacing the rusty one with a real stainless replacement (which they swapped out for free, and gave my 45yo azz a bag full of stickers and key chains for my time and effort)

I remember using my forearms to thoroughly clean that side of my engine bay- as in they went in whiteish tan and came out coal black.
                    I might have had to take that truck to the graveyard after the second time...

Comment

Yeah it doesn’t take long.

Comment

I did mine about six months ago and used what I consider an expensive kit (Maryland performance diesel). I’d say right at about an hour because I cleaned a few things and wanted to make sure I was screwing anything up. That being said I was filthy fa sho luckily I wore an old long sleeve jacket

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

What kit are you guys using? I don’t want to have to do a tune.

Comment

I need to do this.

Comment

Guess I need to add this to the to-do list for the truck

Comment

Working...
                              X