No announcement yet.

Benefit/Auction for Deb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If TxSuperDad can get in touch with family and find out the details and concerns with her assets here in tx I know there are quite a few TBHers in the Temple area. I'm sure we'll knock this one out of the park as always with donations and auctions and the like.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyRealtree View Post
      If TxSuperDad can get in touch with family and find out the details and concerns with her assets here in tx I know there are quite a few TBHers in the Temple area. I'm sure we'll knock this one out of the park as always with donations and auctions and the like.
      I posted earlier but its not there for some reason. Now I have to remember what I posted.

Trista called and stated that the family has never been down here and did not know of any of her assets, house situation etc. I am sure at some point it will be decided what is best to do. I know I would want to be the one to do it if I was a family member but I can no speak for everyone and everyones opinion is different.

We will place the offer for help with the family and let them decide if they want help or not with that situation. I am sure the last of what is on their mind at this time.

Comment

I have her sisters number and Trista told me to call and speak with her about setting up donations for the family as well as helping with whatever we can. I have not been able to bring myself to call. I break down every time I think about it or tell someone over and over again. Its been like ground hog day all day long. I have not been able to accomplish anything today other then sadness and emotion.

I know I can not call her sister today. I am not even sure it is really my place to do so. I was close with Debbie but I know there are others here that were closer with her that would be better suited to contact and set up details with the immediate family.

Yall know who you are and if you see this please let me know if that is something you think you can handle. I as of right now can not bring myself to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by TxSuperDad View Post
          I have her sisters number and Trista told me to call and speak with her about setting up donations for the family as well as helping with whatever we can. I have not been able to bring myself to call. I break down every time I think about it or tell someone over and over again. Its been like ground hog day all day long. I have not been able to accomplish anything today other then sadness and emotion.

I know I can not call her sister today. I am not even sure it is really my place to do so. I was close with Debbie but I know there are others here that were closer with her that would be better suited to contact and set up details with the immediate family.

Yall know who you are and if you see this please let me know if that is something you think you can handle. I as of right now can not bring myself to do it.
          When I started this thread I was by no means trying to get something together at that very second. I knew how much I wanted to help and I knew there were so many others that wanted to do the same. There are several things that still need to be ironed out before anything can be done. Whoever gets in touch can enlighten the rest of us on the family's wishes as that is who really needs to make the decisions anyhow. Whatever the outcome, I'll donate whatever I can as I know many others will.

Comment

I posted earlier but its not there for some reason. Now I have to remember what I posted.

Trista called and stated that the family has never been down here and did not know of any of her assets, house situation etc. I am sure at some point it will be decided what is best to do. I know I would want to be the one to do it if I was a family member but I can no speak for everyone and everyones opinion is different.

We will place the offer for help with the family and let them decide if they want help or not with that situation. I am sure the last of what is on their mind at this time.
            hang in there bro! you have done a great job so far!

Comment

I'm down for a road trip if need be. I got a truck, but would need to borrow a trailer.

Comment

never met Deb personally, but she clearly was someone i wish i had met.

i am up to help whether its a truck, or renting a trailer, or just helping with funding

Comment

well said Cody ... what everyone must remember , Deb's family in Ohio may have zero clue about TBH . They are facing a very emotional situation that no one can prepare for while also having to travel 1000+ miles .

I'm sure the TBH brother and sisterhood will step up in times of need, but we must respect the family's decision during their time of mourning. They may opt to keep things private and deal with these issues alone .

prayers sent for all involved

Comment

When I started this thread I was by no means trying to get something together at that very second. I knew how much I wanted to help and I knew there were so many others that wanted to do the same. There are several things that still need to be ironed out before anything can be done. Whoever gets in touch can enlighten the rest of us on the family's wishes as that is who really needs to make the decisions anyhow. Whatever the outcome, I'll donate whatever I can as I know many others will.

I know you were not buddy. I am sorry if my comments come across if as stating that. Not my attention. I have said so much today on a day that I am really loss for words they just begin to repeat themselves and I don't hear half of what comes out of my mouth or head. As I mentioned before its the TBH nature to jump up right away and ready to help a family in need. As Deb as showed us time and time again.

I know we will all be on stand by and ready to help when the time comes. When that time is no one has a clue, including the family. I know when someone passes that lives close to you and a home you have visited many times before its a slow process to go through everything they own. You want to look at every little item and remember where it came from and why they have it. Althought others do just box up and move it out. I would think with the family never being down here before, if they made the trip it would take time to process, maybe longer then the norm since they have never been there and so forth. Idk just my thinking.

I know when my Dad passed away in November his office was the only room besides the garage and back yard that was truly his with only HIS stuff. The office did not even get touched months. I have just now really began to work on the stuff in the garage and in the yard/storage.

My grandmother passed away in March just a couple of months ago we did the same with her stuff. It has not barely been touched.

I still find stuff on a daily basis and think oh I remember when I gave that to him or when he got that etc.

I know a lady who's son passed away and she never did anything with the belonging's in his house. They just sat there and as far as I know 10 something years later they still are.

It has even recently been brought to my attention that I have picked up traits that my dad use to have. Things ive never done before and things I could not stand that my dad did. I think I am doing it subconsciously as to fill a void that is missing where my dad is suppose to be and to cope with me missing him so much.

I will tell you folks. Debbie makes 3 losses for me in the last 6 months and my daughters step grandmother passed away yesterday as well. We might learn to cope, but it never gets easier.

Comment

also,, since i am not as emotionally connected to Deb, if someone is needed to make a call to the family to offer help, i would be willing to make the call.
                      not sure on details of Deb's passing, but guessing its similar to how my Dad died many years ago. it is a difficult time for all. having help and knowing how many people cared about her would make a difference for sure.

let me know if you would like me to reach out to the family and then turn it over to those of you closest to Deb for follow up.

Comment

I will set up a PayPal for donations.
                        If anyone wants to auction something that will be fine, but the rules will be the same.
                        Please let me know what you are auctioning beforehand so I can keep track of all.
                        Auctions no more than 10 days...let's cut all of this off by the 12th, so all funds can be sent to help the family on the 13th.
                        At the close of auction, the funds need to be sent to TBH.
                        Once funds received I will send a message that item can be shipped to winner of auction.

We couldn't help Deb....but we can help her family deal with this.

Comment

Thank you Mary!

Comment

I know you were not buddy. I am sorry if my comments come across if as stating that. Not my attention. I have said so much today on a day that I am really loss for words they just begin to repeat themselves and I don't hear half of what comes out of my mouth or head. As I mentioned before its the TBH nature to jump up right away and ready to help a family in need. As Deb as showed us time and time again.

I know we will all be on stand by and ready to help when the time comes. When that time is no one has a clue, including the family. I know when someone passes that lives close to you and a home you have visited many times before its a slow process to go through everything they own. You want to look at every little item and remember where it came from and why they have it. Althought others do just box up and move it out. I would think with the family never being down here before, if they made the trip it would take time to process, maybe longer then the norm since they have never been there and so forth. Idk just my thinking.

I know when my Dad passed away in November his office was the only room besides the garage and back yard that was truly his with only HIS stuff. The office did not even get touched months. I have just now really began to work on the stuff in the garage and in the yard/storage.

My grandmother passed away in March just a couple of months ago we did the same with her stuff. It has not barely been touched.

I still find stuff on a daily basis and think oh I remember when I gave that to him or when he got that etc.

I know a lady who's son passed away and she never did anything with the belonging's in his house. They just sat there and as far as I know 10 something years later they still are.

It has even recently been brought to my attention that I have picked up traits that my dad use to have. Things ive never done before and things I could not stand that my dad did. I think I am doing it subconsciously as to fill a void that is missing where my dad is suppose to be and to cope with me missing him so much.

I will tell you folks. Debbie makes 3 losses for me in the last 6 months and my daughters step grandmother passed away yesterday as well. We might learn to cope, but it never gets easier.
                            No offense taken bud.. We're all in a bit of shock and disbelief. It wasn't my intention to come across as being on the defensive either. I was agreeing with some of the other comments. As Blake said, the family may not know about us, but if you could relay our intentions and desire to help somehow to the family maybe they can breathe a little easier. I'm sure we can get enough in donations to cover some plane tickets and shipping expenses or at the very least put a good dent in them.

Comment

Thank you Mary

Comment

No offense taken bud.. We're all in a bit of shock and disbelief. It wasn't my intention to come across as being on the defensive either. I was agreeing with some of the other comments. As Blake said, the family may not know about us, but if you could relay our intentions and desire to help somehow to the family maybe they can breathe a little easier. I'm sure we can get enough in donations to cover some plane tickets and shipping expenses or at the very least put a good dent in them.
                                Someone has directed her Sister to TBH today and the original thread that I posted. She at some point today was reading everything we posted. She broke down in awe of the out pour of support and love we had for Debbie and the nice things to say about her. But as most outsiders was confused as to who we are or where we came from and how so many could have had such a connection with 1 person.

As I mentioned when Speaking with Mr Prosser earlier this afternoon. The families normally have no idea we we are truly about in this group until tragic occurs. Then once we reach out to the family of those we loved. They then become family in our group. Just as we accept each and all of us as family here everyday.

There is not 1 person on this site that I would not do anything for that I could. I know the same is in return for each of you and all I have to do is ask.

Debbie knew this and why she didn't ask, who knows. But as Mary just mentioned. We many not have been able to help Deb, but we can surely help her family.

Green Light from the Mayor, Run with it folks. Lets make Debbie proud and show her how much her love, care and support for all of us over the years really meant..

Comment

Working...
                                X