Richland creek wma North unit first segment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Richland creek wma North unit first segment

Anybody else get drawn fir the first week of hunting at richland creek? Think im gonna camp at least a few days instead of driving back and forth

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Since they changed up the name, I’m still confused on what they call the north side and the south side.
    Thinking about maybe showing up for a stand by spot.

Comment

Are you hunting the entire unit or just a segment?

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
        Are you hunting the entire unit or just a segment?
        I'm not exactly sure how they are gonna do it until orientation on the 30th. I know they have it broke down into different compartments though so I assume that's how they will do it.

The north side has all the wetland cells in it (Carl frentress unit I think is what they call it )

Comment

Yes north side is the wet land side. It is the Carl Frentress
          The south side is Richland Creek Trinity unit.

Comment

Find acorns on the ground and you will find the deer and hogs. I like the compartments next to the River on the north side. Next to the Hwy 287 is good. The unit with Pea Patch lake is good.
            Find acorns or an active trail get the wind and set. You will get a shot doing this.

Keep an eye on the weather . It’s all overflow and black gumbo mud when it’s wet. The River will flood everything if it rains enough to bring it out of its banks.

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
              Find acorns on the ground and you will find the deer and hogs. I like the compartments next to the River on the north side. Next to the Hwy 287 is good. The unit with Pea Patch lake is good.
              Find acorns or an active trail get the wind and set. You will get a shot doing this.

Keep an eye on the weather . It’s all overflow and black gumbo mud when it’s wet. The River will flood everything if it rains enough to bring it out of its banks.
              I drove by it the other afternoon. Pulled in but gate was locked. But saw about 15 deer from the truck and never even made it through the gate. I'm not too worried about finding deer just the right one! Only 1 of the deer I saw was a buck but he was probably 3 and might have made the minimum width wise

Comment

Drawn for the Carl Frentress unit. Never hunted a WMA. Looking forward to it. Anyone with info on camping or hotels close. Also wondering if my Jeep will be allowed to travel to assigned are. I don’t own an ATV.
                Dates are 11/15 to 11/17 doe and spike hunt.

Any info at all will help.

Comment

Originally posted by Physhstyx View Post
                  Drawn for the Carl Frentress unit. Never hunted a WMA. Looking forward to it. Anyone with info on camping or hotels close. Also wondering if my Jeep will be allowed to travel to assigned are. I don’t own an ATV.
                  Dates are 11/15 to 11/17 doe and spike hunt.

Any info at all will help.
                  You can drive the majority of the property and most roads are rock. I stayed in the little cabins just up the road. Sorry but I don’t recall the name of them… fisherman’s cove maybe?

Comment

Fisherman’s Point maybe?
                    I stayed there a couple of times.

Comment

if you want camping with bathrooms, showers, water and electric you can stay at Fairfield Lake State Park. You can camp at the campground at the WMA but there are no facilities there(except for a bathroom down the road at the check station).

Comment

I took my camper and stayed on site. Last year was dry and you could drive any vehicle you wanted anywhere you wanted. If wet… you will need an atv with a winch. That gumbo ain’t no joke

Comment

Fisherman’s cove lodge!

Comment

I have bow hunted there a couple of times. Saw a lot of deer, including a couple of shooters. Really cool place with Top-Notch staff. I didn't camp there, but stayed at a cabin just a short distance down the road Fisherman's ???. There are a few nice bucks still around, though!

Comment

I know it's late for this year but for the future does anyone know if you are allowed to put out trail cameras during September on either of the RC units before they close it down for the hunts?

Comment

Working...
                              X