No announcement yet.

What age to start kids with bow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great age! In fact, I think he's just old enough to join the local 4H Archery program.

Comment

5 or 6 years old or so

Comment

Mine were shooting kid/youth recurves at 3 years old. My 7 year old is now shooting a legitimate recurve. I set him up with a ILF recurve on an older riser that I had laying around.

Comment

My boys started at 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It's a good time now.
            Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Hogmauler’s avatar is an example !

Comment

My son was four or five when he started shooting a bow. Before the age of three he was in a ground blind with me. No wonder he is a hard core Bow Hunter to this day. Start them young. Put them in situations where they can have some type of success on animals when the time is right. My son was killing javelinas and hogs by the time he was 11. By 13 he shot his first two white-tail doe with his bow. He has always had target-rich environments to hunt in. Not layups but he normally sees animals. It has made him a very management-minded hunter to this day....except on hogs. He will arrow anything when it comes to those critters. Enjoy your hunting time with your kid. It is very rewarding to watch as a Parent.
                Last edited by ByronB; 09-08-2022, 08:45 PM.

Comment

[ATTACH]1101672[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1101673[/ATTACH]

Comment

My son started at 3 with a tiny longbow

Don't remember how old my daughter was but around the same age

I still have the bow and when grandkids arrive and get to around that age I will introduce them to archery

The aluminum arrows that I got with it are the tiniest ones I have ever seen too

Comment

Mission makes a good kids bow. Both my boys started slinging arrows between 6 and 7.

Comment

My uncle got me started when I was 5. It created a monster, so maybe give it a few more years so they become positive members of society.

Comment

Started mine around 5 with a bear cruiser lite. He still shoots it at 8. It has alot of room to grow with them.

Comment

Stopped by Precision on Friday and picked him up the PSE Mini Burner and gave it to him on Saturday for his birthday. Started working on the basics and form this weekend as suggested. Excited to see how this goes.

Comment

What age to start kids with bow?

5 with a little bear cheap bow, now he’s 7 with a Mathew’s Genesis and enjoys shooting much more. Both the girls shot a Mathew’s Mission…the one that is very adjustable. They still swap off shooting that one at 19 and 15.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X