How can you be this stupid.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MontagueMech View Post
    In a rural part of North Dakota I was working cattle and stopped to look at a late model John Deere grader that was county owned. It had what appeared to be roto tiller type attachments on the front and rear that were powered by hydraulic motors. I asked someone in the know about them and was told they are used to break up washboarding.
    Yes sir, they have them but all they have to do is go down 12” and cut it out and start over. 12” is nothing for a maintainer. If you don’t go down far enough it’ll be a washboard road until you do.
    We’ve owned this place for three years and it’s only been done correctly once and that man knew what he was doing. I guess this other warm body went on vacation or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
      He’s absolutely pathetic! I didn’t even know Maintainers can go that fast and I’ve been on more than a few my own self. No sense of pride at all. I am constantly on my tractor pulling the rocks back onto the road.
      Lavaca County Speed Bumps

My lease place is near end of CR1 and it has a great set right before the stop sign.

On a second note we had pretty good fire go through about 100 acres of it last week. Tire caught fire came off the rim and rolled up in our pasture. ALL THE VFD and forestry service did a great job getting it contained and saved our camp.

Comment

Lol, that looks good compared to ours County road has two sides right? Nope, not on our county road, the dude grades about two inches away from our steel post. There is at least six feet on the other side of the road, yet he gets closer all the time, insane!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
          County road to our lease is about 20 miles of that.
          Talking about Jennings. Lol

Comment

I would find a county commissioner and have all the neighbors call him also
            Wow. Zero knowledge

Comment

That guy works in Jack County on nights and weekends !

Comment

Last year I protested my property tax, at the end of the meeting I was asked if there was anything else. I told the appraiser that there should not be an unpaved road or pothole in Wilson county for the amount of tax revenue they are bringing in. Ol boy did not see much humor in it but the 3 folks on the panel busted out laughing and agreed with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                  It has to be the Same person working our roads here in lavaca county! This person has no skill but flies by the seat of his pants. He has no idea how to get the washboard out of the road.
                  My MIL lives still lives in Lavaca county.
                  I think they try to see how fast they can run the graders down those roads. They'd be better off if they didn't even touch them.

Comment

Looking forward to getting Matt Gray started out here in Montgomery county.Our other commissioner has had a long run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                      Washboarding is usually caused by improper blade angle and too much speed. If that is how they were taught to operate the grader, they will never get it right unless they get some training.
                      I think we have a winner.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by stevieray54 View Post
                        Yep same practice over here in Galveston County. Don’t have a clue how to put a crown on it. Build the side up and make the middle flat. ��
                        Ours county over the years have graded down six(6') in areas. Never a crown....always flat.

Comment

I wish after grading gravel roads, that have a mixture of gravel or crushed stone, they’d run a roller over it. Those 1”+ in diameter rocks sure chew up tires quick. And they don’t stay put.

Comment

Originally posted by W E H View Post
                            Lavaca County Speed Bumps

My lease place is near end of CR1 and it has a great set right before the stop sign.

On a second note we had pretty good fire go through about 100 acres of it last week. Tire caught fire came off the rim and rolled up in our pasture. ALL THE VFD and forestry service did a great job getting it contained and saved our camp.

What end of cr1 off 111 ? Or the other side ?

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post

The county graded the road that goes by my place today. I guess I should be grateful. I’ve told the dumb sobs to not leave a “windrow” on one side before. And here they go and do it again. I’ve got a creek full of county gravel because all the water drains down the road instead of going into the ditches. They are either to lazy or stupid to roll it back over and crown the road. More tax dollars going down the creek.
                              Typical colorado county maintenence!

Comment

Make some lemonade out of these lemons. That pile of gravel is very easy to pick up with your front end loader, and it makes great material for patching your roads. Or, so I have heard.

Comment

Working...
                                X