Red ants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red ants

How do I kill them.. they are starting on their 2nd crop circle in my back yard. And I need them evicted

What’s works??

Gas works really good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bifen

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I wish harvester ants weren’t a nuisance, horned toads and other stuff need them

Comment

termidor in the hole. at night

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
            I wish harvester ants weren’t a nuisance, horned toads and other stuff need them
            Yeah they made it on to my free pass list.

Comment

Box of grapenuts serial and Ortho fire ant killer (the powder)...Coat the grapenuts real good with the powder and sprinkle it around the mounds.

Comment

A little gas will run them off...

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                  A little gas will run them off...
                  Yaw check da price of gas lately?

Comment

Orthene powder !
                    It stinks bad but works great.
                    Had to evict a few at the farm.

Comment

I have a lot of them at my property. I had to get rid of the mound in my driveway. After a couple of years of being easy on them I got bit.
                      A little DE did them in. I have several other mounds around the house and I let them be.

Diatomaceous earth

Comment

Ortho Fire Ant Killer if you don't mind poison. That stuff is pretty affordable.

Orange oil for an "all natural" approach. I think I have used Medina brand. Mix with water per the "soil drench" instructions and soak the mound really well. If it's a big mound you may have to come back within the next couple of days and soak again, but it works well for a "safe" method. The only problem with this is that orange oil can be pricey.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                          Bifen

Yes sir. Mix as directed and drench to hole.

Comment

Red Harvester ants are super cool ants but when they are in your yard it is very intimating. I've only killed one mound because it was in a bad spot. I thought I used Amdro poured into the entrance.

For the most part, we leave them alone and will deliberately drive around their mounds in the pasture. Those ants collect seed to grow a fungus to feed the colony. In a drought, they collect a lot of seed but just before the drought ends they will go out and plant that seed in the spring time. Very cool to see, especially if you've been through a bad drought.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                              Red Harvester ants are super cool ants but when they are in your yard it is very intimating. I've only killed one mound because it was in a bad spot. I thought I used Amdro poured into the entrance.

For the most part, we leave them alone and will deliberately drive around their mounds in the pasture. Those ants collect seed to grow a fungus to feed the colony. In a drought, they collect a lot of seed but just before the drought ends they will go out and plant that seed in the spring time. Very cool to see, especially if you've been through a bad drought.
                              I think to op is talking about red harvester ant and you are talking about "leaf cutters"

Comment

Working...
                              X