Fiberglass Deer Blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fiberglass Deer Blind

Hey guys. My buddy and I are looking to replace a deer blind on his property and have been looking for a fiberglass option. We have seen some 4x6 and 4x8 but we are both tall and over 6 foot tall and I would like to see if there are some 5x6 or 5x8 options. Just for a little more leg room when hunting with one of our kids in the blind with us. And some times both kids.
    We live in Austin and Kyle and are willing to drive to pick up or have it delivered. Either way, we are looking for something that will last a little longer than what we have now.
    Any of y'all know of any good places to check out around us or Fredericksburg/Marble Falls/San Antonio/San Marcos?

Thanks in advance.

Dillion blinds and redneck blinds make those sizes I believe. Not sure where to get them out around that area though.

Comment

I have a couple of these and they’re pretty darn good. You can even step up to the insulated version and get a 7 foot tall ceiling. That being said I’m 6’3” and have no issues with the height of the economy version. Website has a dealer locator page but you can pick them up in a bunch of locations.

http://https://www.ranchkingblinds.com/economy-blinds

Comment

Thanks. I will check them out. A little on the higher end. I will keep looking around and see what all is out there.

Comment

Big country blinds. He has several models to choose from.
          The Leader in Fiberglass Deer Hunting Blind Design

Comment

We use these in west tx. Had some standing for 8+ years, worst issue is the wood wasps hiding out in the early season cool fronts. Those boogers love to buzz you all morning and afternoon!

ac

Comment

I have aT-Square blind. Not sure if they are still in business. It’s very similar to Dillon blinds.

Comment

Lots of options out there. We looked around at some different models, and ended up buying one of the Bushlan Outfitter blinds by AWS-BLINDS.

We bought a new 5x5 on a 4' tower for just under $2000 all in. They were the best bang for your buck that I could find.

Comment

Thanks guys. I will look into all of these when I get off of work. I would love to be able to check them out in person if any of their dealers are close to us.

Comment

If you can find one that has a composite floor, consider it. Boss is one that makes them, sure there are others. The wood floors will eventually rot even in the dry hill country. Once it does, it's a real pain to fix, especially if it's on a tower.

Comment

Maybe this could work for you guys?

We could discuss pickup/delivery if needed

Comment

I was in the market for a new blind this year. I had 2 Dillon stands. One got burned up in a wildfire 2 years ago and I bit the bullet and bought a Ranch King.

I secured another spot and was needing another blind. I priced the Dillon blinds vs. the price of another Ranch King... Ranch King wasn't just a little more expensive ($1,800 vs $2,135)

I know this doesn't answer your question directly for a fiberglass blind, just wanted to give you insight on another option.

Comment

I'm 6'3" and own 3 Dillon fiberglass blinds. Two (2) 6 x 8 and one(1) 6x6 and have no problem standing up.

Comment

Working...
                          X