Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
    [/B]

I thought the saying was “Keep it wrapped or get clapped”? One of us is mixing out metaphors, i think.
    Oh my

Comment

Originally posted by nairb2580 View Post
      I dont have a carry license yet (working on it) but I always have one close by, whether at home or in the truck, and its chambered and ready. When I get my ltc it will be chambered and ready as well. Too much can happen too fast and if youre not ready you might as well not have it. Not knocking anyone who doesnt but thats my opinion for myself.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
      thanks to the good ole state of TEXAS, you don't need that carry license anymore! like bringing back the old west to a degree.

Comment

Originally posted by forced-2-work View Post
        thanks to the good ole state of TEXAS, you don't need that carry license anymore! like bringing back the old west to a degree.
        Without a LTC, those carrying will have to obey the "no guns allowed" (non 30.06) signs.

A business owner could write "no guns allowed" on a piece of cardboard and tape it in the front window and it would be legal.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby View Post
          Without a LTC, those carrying will have to obey the "no guns allowed" (non 30.06) signs.

A business owner could write "no guns allowed" on a piece of cardboard and tape it in the front window and it would be legal.
          Yeah, and the TABC colored gun signs still have to be obeyed also.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
            Never. My gun stays loaded at all times. No kids in my house so no worries when I put it on top of my chest of drawers. Another loaded one in my headboard.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
              another that doesn't understand terminology. Do your own research.
              YouTube, its the Internet, it must be true. Lol
              In a different scenario, you're driving around with your rifle in the front and you have cartridges in your magazine but unchambered (not in barrel), the game warden pulls you over for some reason, your gun is considered LOADED!
              You walk in from a duck blind and you have shells in your shotgun tube but not in chamber(barrel) and a game warden checks you randomly, he's going to fine you for having a LOADED GUN!

I’m sorry but what state are you referring to? Not a single law/regulation on having a loaded firearm anywhere in this state. It can be up on your dash with one in the pipe and there still isn’t a legality issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I carry both, how bout that?

Is it OK if I carry like I want? Maybe I'm just better at carrying / shooting than most people.
                Dude….I think you THINK you’re just better at arguing with people. But trust me, you aren’t 😂😂😂

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                  There was a fairly recent case where a victim (store owner of I remember correctly) was able to draw on the robbers but didn’t have a round loaded. They ended up gunning him down while he was trying to correct his mistake.
                  He just wasn’t as fast as the Ole Twinkler!! 😂

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                    He just wasn’t as fast as the Ole Twinkler!! [emoji23]

[emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

sounds like a bunch of people don't know the differences between 'loaded', 'unloaded', and 'chambered' or 'unchambered' terminology......?

As for me, I literally carry loaded(mag is full and inserted) but unchambered (there is NOT one in the barrel). I mean, how hard is it to chamber a load? Wow.
                      I used to carry unchambered years ago until I saw some logical things said on here and then a video. The video was security footage of a guy sneaking up to a car to pull another guy out and take his car. It happened so fast there was just no way I could justify time in there to chamber a round. Since then, i'm always chambered 24/7 with all my defense guns outside the safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                        There was a fairly recent case where a victim (store owner of I remember correctly) was able to draw on the robbers but didn’t have a round loaded. They ended up gunning him down while he was trying to correct his mistake.
                        This is exactly why I admitted I was wrong years back and needed to be ready to roll. Pretty simple really, its a tool, tool needs to be ready to use at any moment but hopefully never happens.

Comment

When I was much younger, I believed in carry with an empty chamber for safety. Same for my nightstand weapon. One night someone starting violently kicking my door in an attempted home invasion. I grabbed my nine and racked it. I pointed it at the door and yelled loud enough some kind of expletives and that I intended to shoot. The person kicking took off running. After calling 911 and waiting a few moments, I finally came off the adrenaline high and realized I needed to clear my weapon and put it away given the law was on it's way. That's when I realized that the round hadn't completely chambered and had I needed to pull that trigger it would not have gone bang. I'm pretty sure I short-stroked it as I was in a deep sleep when awakened. The muscle memory was there but something went wrong...

Since that night, I have never, ever carried or had a sidearm within reach that didn't have one in the tube ready to rock. Worst case scenario, I get one shot off then it jams. The only thing better is a revolver in that regard but a tradeoff with a lower round count.

Comment

Always loaded and ready to use, 24/7. Doesn’t do you any good to have a defensive weapon that isn’t ready to use.

Comment

No way do I ever keep one in the chamber. The way I see it, I’ll always have time to chamber one. Would hate for a small hand to find their way to it somehow and me lose time with them forever. ALWAYS have time to chamber one. If you carry regularly you should practice draw, chamber, shoot. Also, lock your guns up! **** happens man don’t let a kid lose their life! You will never forgive yourself.

Comment

What you described is the worst possible situation for a defensive carry weapon.

Forgive me if this has been stated but I'm about to start the paperwork so I didn't read all the responses.

What you describe is an unknown condition whereby when you need your weapon to save a life you don't know the condition of it.

Defensive carry needs to be reptilian like as in a muscle memory action. There may not be time to think...is this gun loaded when presented with a life threatening situation. You need to point and squeeze then repeat if necessary. It's one thing to have to clear a jamb, quite another to not be sure if you're ready.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X