Anderson Lowers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anderson Lowers

The subject has been brought up on Anderson Lowers in someone's classifieds listing.

Basically, if you have had any experience where you had an issue with Anderson lowers, I'd like to hear!

I'm basically just curious of yall's experiences with them.

Thanks for the information!

I have one, no problems with it

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
      X2

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
        Me 3

Comment

I've had to send a few back for oblonged holes and have seen a few that were out of spec. For the most part they're good but you do have a higher chance of getting an out of spec lower as opposed to ones from comapnies that have better QA/QC. It's not a big deal, just depends on what your needs are.

They'll usually fix/ replace them if there's issues.

Ike

Comment

I have had 5 or 6 and no issues!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

No issues with mine.

Comment

They're not the greatest, and I have mixed thoughts about SBRing one, but they usually work fine. They're super cheap, which is a big draw.

Comment

I've got 4 and no problems with any of them.

Comment

Maybe I'm wrong (but I don't think so), aren't all lowers made by basically 3 companies that stamp what ever company emblem on it that wants that lot? So essentially, I don't under stand how an Anderson could be any better/worse than a Spikes or Rock River etc.......

By the way, I have 2 Anderson's with no problems. Good tight fits.

Comment

mil-spec is mil-spec, that's the great thing about AR/firearm parts. if they are mil-spec, then their shouldn't be any difference between manufacturers. now the anodizing may be better/worse, but that's another story

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                        They're not the greatest, and I have mixed thoughts about SBRing one, but they usually work fine. They're super cheap, which is a big draw.
                        So what would be the drawback on using an Anderson lower vs Spikes or whomever for an SBR?

Comment

Got 2 Anderson lowers on the way. Got notice yesterday that my order has been fulfilled and shipped to my FFL. Should be there on Tuesday. Will let you know if I have any issues with them.

Comment

Originally posted by txsteele View Post
                            Maybe I'm wrong (but I don't think so), aren't all lowers made by basically 3 companies that stamp what ever company emblem on it that wants that lot? So essentially, I don't under stand how an Anderson could be any better/worse than a Spikes or Rock River etc.......

By the way, I have 2 Anderson's with no problems. Good tight fits.
                            There's only a few forges in the US so there's only a limited number of places that any forged lower could come from. (Billet is a totally different story but that's a whole new can of worms.)

Some companies finish their lowers in house where they have control over the process, others have it done at the forge.

Here's the difference though;

Different companies specify how they want their products produced. For example:

Company A requires that the tools used to machine the lowers get replaced every 1,000 lowers ( a number I pulled out of my *** for discussions sake).

Company B only requires the tools to be changed every 5,000 lowers. (Again, a number solely for the sake of discussion.) The cost to produce lowers is significantly less for company B, but the likelihood of having out of spec lowers or issues increases when compared to Company A. The first 1,000-4,000 lowers might be perfect but those last 100 or so before the tools get changed out may start to have some deviation.

Also, on the QC end, some companies may require each lower to be inspected before leaving while others may do batch testing or test in smaller batches.

This applies to other parts as well like LPKs, barrels etc and not just lowers.

Again, most folks will never experience an issue with Anderson, PSA or any "budget lower" and if you do, you're taken care of with a warranty. A lot of lowers out there you're just paying for a name or roll mark but some have a little more QA and QC put into them. That may or may not be an important issue for some folks.

Most lowers start life from the same place but not all lowers are created equally.

Ike

Comment

I have no experience with Anderson
                              I have 3 Spikes
                              ST15
                              Crusader
                              Now building a Warthog
                              The only issue I have found use a 5.56 upper started with a 223 wylde had problems with grouping

Comment

Working...
                              X