Birds in Fridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Birds in Fridge

Shot a few quail on the 30th, cleaned them, then stuck them in the fridge. Realized today I had forgotten about them.

9 days in the fridge.

Still good?

Smell test bro...

Comment

I don't think I would forget I had quail in the fridge. I keep saying I am going to go shoot some, but it's a long trip, so I have not.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
        I don't think I would forget I had quail in the fridge. I keep saying I am going to go shoot some, but it's a long trip, so I have not.
        I shoot a lot of wild game, have two toddlers in the house, and wife and I both have full time jobs.

Happens easier these days.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post
          Smell test bro...
          X2

Humans have been testing our food this way for a long, long time. Good luck with it, those little guys make some real tasty meals.

Comment

Passes the smell test for me. Going to clean em up and get em in the deep freezer.

Thank y’all!

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
              I shoot a lot of wild game, have two toddlers in the house, and wife and I both have full time jobs.

Happens easier these days.

Thanks for the help.
              Roger that, and with two toddlers in the house you and your bride really have FOUR full time jobs!

Off the subject of cooking quail HoustonHunter, but permit me a comment about your young family from this old quail hunter. Before you know it those toddlers will be joining you on hunting trips. Great family outdoor times ahead for you and your wife and your kids. God bless Moms and Dads who take their kids hunting. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by 3ChordTruth View Post
                Roger that, and with two toddlers in the house you and your bride really have FOUR full time jobs!

Off the subject of cooking quail HoustonHunter, but permit me a comment about your young family from this old quail hunter. Before you know it those toddlers will be joining you on hunting trips. Great family outdoor times ahead for you and your wife and your kids. God bless Moms and Dads who take their kids hunting. Good luck!
                Yep . .

Comment

Birds

Passes the smell test for me. Going to clean em up and get em in the deep freezer.

Thank y’all!
                  Be sure to freeze them in water.

Comment

Originally posted by 3ChordTruth View Post

They love the outdoors. Oldest has been with me many times. He’s been there when I’ve shot deer and pigs.

Youngest gets to ride around in the ranger, but he’ll come sit with me next year.

Both enjoy the woods. We take them often.

Comment

The quail will be fine. Dove on the other hand need to be put in a dumpster before they are cleaned.

Comment

They love the outdoors. Oldest has been with me many times. He’s been there when I’ve shot deer and pigs.

Youngest gets to ride around in the ranger, but he’ll come sit with me next year.

Both enjoy the woods. We take them often.
                        Outstanding, well done Mom and Dad. Great to hear young parents like you two are raising another generation to walk the trails us old guys left for them in the woods. Good luck next fall when your sons both go hunting with Mom and Dad!

Comment

Working...
                        X