Here y’all go...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here y’all go...

Couple of guys have asked bout the stand n fill I made, so I’m gonna try and show it to y’all in pics. Which I’m terrible at! Gotta learn sooner or later! Here is just the 3’x3’x2’ deep box with internal funnel. If the pics end up huge, sideways, or whatever... sorry, but consider who you’re dealing with! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty
    Attached Files

As I guess you can tell, I use what I can in material. Wasn’t bout to cut a fresh piece when I can splice together several to make it work.

Comment

Top w/hinged lid...
      Attached Files

Comment

Legs/skids tacked in place... and sideways. Oh well
        Attached Files

Comment

Top on w/door. I once again apologize for sideways, but I ain’t smart enough to figure it out I guess.
          Attached Files

Comment

Spinner plates. Corners have inverted angle iron where they meet the angle iron legs to keep corn from gathering in the “pockets”.
            Attached Files

Comment

Timer control/battery box wired into motor. And meant to note that upper and lower spin plates are 2-3/8” apart at the spinner plate, and 2-3/4” at the outer edge. 18” to center, so it will take a coon with the longest front legs ever recorded to reach it. Hopefully. And I know the question will get asked bout corn possibly gathering and then molding if it doesn’t clear the tray. I’ve spun this feeder several times with corn after I got done, and it leaves minimal amounts on the tray. So I can’t guarantee anything as of yet. A buddy of mine took this idea on a 55 gal with 2-30” sheets, and hasn’t had any issues. And he’s been running his for 2 months in humid NE Texas. So that’s bout all I got.
              Attached Files

Comment

Excellent job Rusty...That's a good looking feeder.

Comment

Thank you for sharing! Exactly what I was looking for

Comment

Completed with OD paint job, and my brand I put on everything. RRC. Fairly long story behind that...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Feeder #2 parts with some changes I wanted to make after working through the first one. Cut, bent, and some tacking
                      Attached Files

Comment

Remaining pieces of feeder #2. Got to get er tacked together and welded up! Thanks for the interest, and I apologize for the cricks in yalls necks from sidewinder pics! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty
                        Attached Files

Comment

Any questions, feel free to ask. I didn’t give much details, I know, but can tell ya any dimension (s) you might need. For starters, overall height when done was 66-3/4” to the top. Next one will prob be bout 62”. For starters, I won’t forget to figure in for the 2-3/8” skids.

Comment

Hog down, weren’t you the one asking bout it on westtexasducks thread?

Comment

Sheesh, great job!!! I wish I had a shear and a break. Did you use those or whiskey bend and bend the sheets?
                              Looks awesome!
                              Last edited by LFD2037; 06-02-2020, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X