Knight bighorn muzzle loader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knight bighorn muzzle loader

Anyone know how to operate one of these things?
    I found one in my closet at the lease , left behind by someone years ago
    I would love to learn some of the basic things “ like how to operate it and loads ect” since I no longer can hunt with or own a rifle I am very interested in getting this muzzle loader up and running for next season
    Thanks for any help it’s a.50 cal in-line
    Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 11-19-2018, 11:20 PM.

Found this

A load guide
    Attached Files

Comment

Is there a place in or near San that can help with supplies and advice
      Also needing to replace my XBow so advice on a good bow shop would be great also

Comment

The first thing you need to do is determine if it has a load in the barrel. Easiest way to do this is to measure the depth of penetration by a ramrod. Remove the nipple and be sure it is clear. Then you can reload and test.

Comment

Pm sent

Comment

So a felon can’t possess or opporat a in line muzzle loader, in Texas ????!

Comment

You might want to further study and understand which black powder guns you can actually legally use.

Comment

Get one of these. Not classified as a forearm, so a felon is not prohibited from possession. Texas legalized hunting game animals with airguns this year and this one meets all of the criteria to do so.

The TexanSS uses a carbine length barrel and an enlarged and redesigned Soun-Loc® system. This combination reduces unwanted discharge sound and the overall length of the original Texan   .257 Caliber Lothar Walther Barrel Pressure Relief Device Adjustable Power Low Effort Side Lever Cocking Available in Original Black Finish Velocity: up to 930 feet per […]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Local GW

Originally posted by MLAH View Post
                  You might want to further study and understand which black powder guns you can actually legally use.
                  Our local GW inspected the rifle and deemed it legal to possess

Comment

I understand your point well. My experience it’s not only only the local game wardens that may or may not offer trouble with interruptions of the law. One must remember within Texas we also have Federal Game Wardens. Their interruptions can/will be different than the states. Simply research the Federal law regarding Firearms and Felons. Our own DPS officers often has a differences of opinion regarding firearms (black powder yes).

My first statement one had Best Study and FULLY UNDERSTAND the law. Failure to do so can result in ones opportunity to receive 24 hr supervised lodging for something as simple as NOT following the law in the first place. JMO

Comment

MLAH is correct.

Make sure to read in the Outdoor Annual page 55 bottom left hand corner “Possession of Firearms by Felons “

Comment

I throw in the towel, and am selling the gun , way to much lateral interpretation with LEO’s
                        And judges, and to much of a hassle to keep up with every change of the laws

Comment

Working...
                        X