Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever use harbor freight generator for campers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m in the market and see them way cheaper than other stores. Just wondering if any of y’all have had good/bad experiences with harbor freight generators.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of my hunters has used one to power his travel trailer for about 5 years. Leaves it at the lease, only done one tune up.

Comment

Haven’t had any experience with the Harbor freight ones but I have a 7500w Champion that had a remote start (until it didn’t) that is amazing. Also have a Costco generator I want to say it’s a westin house or something. That’s way quieter than my champion but also smaller, the noise level would be comparable to the quiet Honda’s. On the upkeep it’s best to shut the fuel off and let itself die out instead of using today’s ethanol bs that will gum them up sitting for periods of time without use.

Comment

I have 2 predator 2000, run them in series. Love em! Quiet and no issues. I have a Buddy in construction, that is all he will use now. Had too many issues with all the others.

Last edited by bps3040; 11-22-2020, 07:32 PM.

Comment

I have a Predator 3500 I use for the AC on my cargo trailer along with other things. It’s been great.

There is a Predator generator group on FaceBook that is full of great info!

Comment

I use the 3500 now and haven’t had any problems. Before that I had the 2000. No issues with either. The only reason I went to the 3500 is the smaller one wouldn’t run the ac. There are super quiet and doesn’t use much gas unless you are running the ac continuously. I can go three days on five gallons.

Comment

We used to have a Chicago1000w that was indestructible, didn't matter how long we ran it in the heat of summer, it just kept going. We finally gave it to a friend to use and still has it.

I now have 2 champions and they have a huge following in the RV world. Both a 3650 and 3100 invertor have been awesome.

Comment

I have the 3500 too I bought in a pinch to just get me by and dang it it’s one of our go too generators I’ve even impressed especially for the money.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                  I have a Predator 3500 I use for the AC on my cargo trailer along with other things. It’s been great.

There is a Predator generator group on FaceBook that is full of great info!

This^^^^

Comment

My folks have one, no issues so far.

Comment

You can get a champion for around the same price. This is a little cheaper than the predator HF option.
                      Attached Files

Comment

They all come from the same place.... China

Comment

Originally posted by STX_Shooter View Post
                          You can get a champion for around the same price. This is a little cheaper than the predator HF option.

This and the 3500 are the exact same generator as the Predator but the Predator you can get a 2yr replacement warranty while the Northern you must deal with the Northern service dept. hint, service may not be at your local store.

I dealt with Northern warranty on a compressor, motor went out @ 10 mos, they wanted me to haul 80gal compressor 100 miles to service and wait 4-6 weeks for repair. F that, I bought a $100 motor and threw my extended warranty in the trash.

Comment

I have a Predator 5700? (can't remember exactly but its around there) had it for about 5 years, used it sporadically at the hunting property, never really had an issue so long as I ran the gas out of it when I left it. The one time I forgot to close the fuel shutoff valve the carb got all gummed up. In the process of rebuilding the carb, I found a brand new one with a kit on amazon for $35 that allows you to switch between Propane, Gas, and Natural Gas.

Works Great on propane (slightly less power than with gas but more than enough for our uses.)

Its nice to be able to run it on gas, but keep a couple 1lb propane cannisters for emergencies if you forget to bring a can or run out.

Comment

Originally posted by doright View Post
                              I use the 3500 now and haven’t had any problems. Before that I had the 2000. No issues with either. The only reason I went to the 3500 is the smaller one wouldn’t run the ac. There are super quiet and doesn’t use much gas unless you are running the ac continuously. I can go three days on five gallons.

I have 5 of the 2000’s for work and they are great. But would not run my AC on camper. Friday I bought the 3500 inverter and this has to be the absolute best investment so far. I did pay 799.00 at harbor freight. Started running at 9:36 am and it ran all day decided to fill it up at 11:15 pm before bed. Turned it off today at 2:15. It is lite enough for me to load by myself and takes up less room than my champions, and other predator generators. I would buy another tomorrow based on this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                              X