What are you wearing for early season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are you wearing for early season

Alright GS, what is everybody wearing for early season clothing while in the tree stand? I am in the market for some new early season hunting clothes. Trying to stay "budget minded" meaning, I just cant afford to spend $400-500 on a single pair of Sitka pants and top. I need something breathable, lightweight, and built to last several seasons. Whatcha got GS??

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Ummm, khakis.

Comment

snake boots, khakis, camo t shirt, ball cap, one of the thin mesh facemasks

save the money for the cold months

Comment

Since I only bowhunt in blinds, a camo t shirt and jeans. Might be camo jeans, might not.

Comment

This lightweight shirt and pants if I’m in a tree. If I end up in a group blind shorts and a black shirt.
          Attached Files

Comment

Birthday suit if it's as hot as it's been lately.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
              Birthday suit if it's as hot as it's been lately.
              Winner winner chicken dinner right here folks!!

Comment

I read your question and scrolled down to see what answers you got. This ad appeared, which is my recommendation.

BTW- Sitka is here in Bozeman where we now live. I left Kuiu behind in CA, said a prayer for Jason as we drove by the last time on 80..

Yes, it’s pricy but if you want light weight worth it. You couldn’t get me in a tree stand so I can’t really know what to wear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MONSTERKEN View Post
                  Alright GS, what is everybody wearing for early season clothing while in the tree stand? I am in the market for some new early season hunting clothes. Trying to stay "budget minded" meaning, I just cant afford to spend $400-500 on a single pair of Sitka pants and top. I need something breathable, lightweight, and built to last several seasons. Whatcha got GS??

Probably just my underwear

Comment

Early season, sitting in a bow blind. Shorts, T-shirt, flip flops, ball cap. Killed a lot of deer this way.

Comment

Cabela's house brand is legit and not super spendy. I've worn one of their long sleeve lightweight synthetic shirts with a pair of Prana Zuon pants in 102 degree weather hunting javis and it was as pleasant as 102 degrees can be. Nice and durable too.

Those new Wrangler synthetic pants seems nice too, I think they are around $30

I personally would rather punch myself in the dingding than be up in a tree...humans ain't made for that lol

My current hot weather favorite is a First Lite Wilkin lightweight long sleeve 1/4 zip merino shirt and Sitka Ascent pants or Prana Zions
                      Last edited by Jspradley; 09-14-2019, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Cargo shorts and a T-shirt. Surely you’ve seen double down videos of the old guy in shorts, T-shirt, and boat shoes shooting 200” deer. You don’t need anything fancy

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                          Cabela's house brand is legit and not super spendy. I've worn one of their long sleeve lightweight synthetic shirts with a pair of Prana Zuon pants in 102 degree weather hunting javis and it was as pleasant as 102 degrees can be. Nice and durable too.

Those new Wrangler synthetic pants seems nice too, I think they are around $30
                          I'll have to check out the Cabelas house brand. I have a pair of those Wrangler synthetic pants, they are nice, however, as a big guy, they are more of a straight leg/skinny pant, definitely not my style. Only wear them as a last resort, one a side note, their same material shorts are very comfortable. I wonder why they cant make their shorts and pants fit the same??

Comment

Tan shorts and Walmart camo short sleeve shirt.
                            Sitting on a 16' ladder stand...

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
                              Cargo shorts and a T-shirt. Surely you’ve seen double down videos of the old guy in shorts, T-shirt, and boat shoes shooting 200” deer. You don’t need anything fancy
                              My old saying is, would Jeremiah Johnson need it? No? Then I dont need it. However, my 15 year old hunting clothes do need to be upgraded.

Comment

Working...
                              X