Should I buy this camera?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I buy this camera?

I've wanted a good camera for years. Don't want to spend s ton. Shooting deer and random pics. Found a canon t5 2 lens bundle at target for $449.

Good camera? Enough zoom with the 75-300mm to get good feeder area shots 100 yards away? How far away can I take good pics with it?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3997.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	25099228

Nobody? Dadgum y'all are a tough crowd over here

Comment

I know that older version of this camera took excellent pics for the money:
      Older model

New model

The pics I saw taken with the older model were really crisp and clear for the price he paid. He was taking them from his deer blind at his feeder. That camera had a great/fast lens for the price.

Comment

I have a Rebel t3i and love it, i bought it used. I'd check the classifieds for used cameras, you can find great deals there. Craigslist!

Comment

Noone is saying anything cause it's a Canon.

Comment

I have a Nikon D3300 with the standard 18-55 lense and a Nikon 55-300 lense for sale if your undecided. Takes great videos and pics but more camera then I need.

Comment

Originally posted by Maui-diver View Post
              I have a Nikon D3300 with the standard 18-55 lense and a Nikon 55-300 lense for sale if your undecided. Takes great videos and pics but more camera then I need.
              Putting it back up eh?

Comment

Originally posted by HdFilmmaker View Post
                Noone is saying anything cause it's a Canon.
                Are you going to help and tell me what's wrong with a canon or not? Lol

I bought it.

Comment

I've had 3 Canon digitals now and am ready to buy my fourth. Great camera and lenses are readily available used. You can't go wrong with this camera.
                  you can get some good close ups with the 70 - 300 mm lens, but not the best in low light. Learn to shoot in the raw format right from the start. It takes a little more effort after you take the pictures, but you can do so much with the pics.

Comment

The camera body would be plenty good. The kit lenses will be good, but not great. 300mm is enough to get really closeup shots at bow ranges and decent zoom out to rifle ranges (100 - 200 yards). But the kit lenses are slow, meaning the largest aperture settings they allow aren't enough to allow enough light in low-light situations in order to get fast shutter speeds. If you have the camera on a good tripod or other solid rest and you're taking pics of animals that aren't moving, it should still give you some good images though.

The kit would be plenty good to get your feet wet while you learn and hone your skills. You can always buy more and better lenses here and there as you go, and the top of the line lenses will work on that camera body too.

Comment

Yeah

Comment

Originally posted by Maui-diver View Post
                        How much

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Just posted the thread under classified

Comment

Trophy,
                            I took this with my 70-300 Nikon sitting in my truck using my window to rest my camera on and it was that golden hour so to speak. With the right technique you can get some pretty decent shots. I have cropped this a bit due to the distance which was about 100-120 yards and did a little editing on it to bring some light back.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-06-14_11-51-34-01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	24470442

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                              Are you going to help and tell me what's wrong with a canon or not? Lol

I bought it.

Nothing is wrong with a canon man. It's like the Chevy vs Ford debate. They are both great, both do pretty much exactly the same thing, and everyone who shoots Nikon hates Canon and vice-versa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X