No announcement yet.

2020 Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have a 28/18 in decent shape that they are willing to part with?

Comment

2020 Select Baseball

Originally posted by msemmler View Post
      Does anyone have a 28/18 in decent shape that they are willing to part with?

I have a 28-18 Easton ADV. It’s a new in the wrapper warranty bat. $125

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Bowtech08; 11-23-2020, 12:27 PM.

Comment

I have a 3 month old Demarini CF 31-26 $140. Tapacrap won’t let me upload pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech08 View Post
          I have a 3 month old Demarini CF 31-26 $140. Tapacrap won’t let me upload pictures.

PM sent

Comment

My 10 year old is starting select ball this spring. Need some help selecting a bat.

Comment

Originally posted by meangreen View Post
              My 10 year old is starting select ball this spring. Need some help selecting a bat.
              MG. has he played before? Does he complain of weight, or better yet, what do you think of his swing?

Comment

Yes he has been playing rec quite a bit since 5. His swing is pretty decent. He has been swinging cheaper Easton bats. Figured it was time to look for a better quality bat getting into select.

Comment

Honest question: with the watered down term "select" baseball, is it select baseball when 2-3 Little League dads coach the team?

Comment

Do you know if he needs a USSSA or USA stamped bat? IMO can't go wrong with a Marucci Posey28. If he's an average size kid I'd say a 29-19 would be good, 28-18 if hes a little smaller.

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                    Honest question: with the watered down term "select" baseball, is it select baseball when 2-3 Little League dads coach the team?
                    Yes

Comment

He is 10 years old. Let him swing what he can and dont break the bank over it- Make sure you find a group of parents and kids the family likes. Sit back and enjoy is my best advice. And dont get involved in the BS- win-loose-draw it really does not matter. I kinda miss it but did just buy season tickets and got to choose seats this week to go watch my knucklehead play

Comment

Yes he has been playing rec quite a bit since 5. His swing is pretty decent. He has been swinging cheaper Easton bats. Figured it was time to look for a better quality bat getting into select.
                        I swung Easton's my whole life, all the way through high school and into JOCO. They are fair bats for what they are, but there are better bats.

I fell into the Demarini mud hole. Don't do that. While they are hot, they have their limitations. I'm a big advocate for Marrucci and my son has been using the CAT series for a while. With that in mind, there are three recommendations that I suggest to parents in our organization when they approach me.

Warstic Bonesaber
                        Victus Nox
                        Marrucci Cat 8 or 9

Between those, I can't make heads or tails out of any of them. They are the best bats I have ever come across in all my years of playing ball.
                        Last edited by TexasWicked1; 01-19-2021, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Great info guys. Many thanks

Comment

Don’t over think it when it comes to bats you can find a Marucci at academy in a Cat 8 -10 and sell it when he turns the start of 12U and then just go up in size and goes to the -5. Have fun, but be ready for a ton of parents BS in select ball. I have coached it for years and glad I’m done yes I miss it but not the parents one bit. They all think their kid is committing to a college from 10U to 14U just to find out they where wrong and get butt hurt and then you have all the team jumpers and all know more than the coach. Good luck in the select world.

Comment

Where’s the 2021 thread? lol - where’s everybody playing this Spring?

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                                Don’t over think it when it comes to bats you can find a Marucci at academy in a Cat 8 -10 and sell it when he turns the start of 12U and then just go up in size and goes to the -5. Have fun, but be ready for a ton of parents BS in select ball. I have coached it for years and glad I’m done yes I miss it but not the parents one bit. They all think their kid is committing to a college from 10U to 14U just to find out they where wrong and get butt hurt and then you have all the team jumpers and all know more than the coach. Good luck in the select world.
                                A whole lot of Truth in this post.

I said what I said.

Comment

Working...
                                X