Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because I want you to know her as I did

My Lura:

Lura Lee Barbee Tomes was a hard-headed little ****.
    I think she got that from her mom.

She was always so eager to learn and do.
    Even as a little one she was doing things that amazed me.
    She hunted, and fished with me, and was able to catch gut/skin fish, field dress dove, etc when she was only 4 years old, and she loved every second of it. I wish we could have done it more. Much more.

All of her life, she was like a worm in hot ashes. Wiggling, squirming, and storming ahead to get things done. Sometimes (most of the time) it was a good thing, but sometimes it was not, and it took its toll on her.

What many do not realize about her is how much she loved, and how big her heart was, especially for children. She loved her two children dearly and dedicated her life to taking care of them as best she could. This was especially difficult for her to do with her eldest son, Cameron. But love him, and Josh, she did with everything she had in her, and then some.

Cameron was born with handicap challenges, which left him helpless and totally dependent on someone else to care for him. Lura met this challenge head on, full steam, and she never let up, even when she knew it was harming her health. She was relentless at it, and even then she found the time, fortitude, and love in her heart to help other children hopefully get a leg up in life by becoming their teacher, and she was extremely good at that as well.

When she found Jeremy Tomes and married him, it was a God send. He brought joy in her life, that I honestly do not believe she would have had if not for it. Jeremy added greatly to her life, and happiness therein, and I thank God every day for him.

Even with Jeremy’s Love, Dedication, and Help, the sorrow, and depression she could not turn loose of on Cameron’s behalf , took a heavy toll on her health, and I believe is what ultimately took her life. It was no one’s fault. She took it on as her cross to bear, and she bore it. I will go to my grave ADMIRING her for that, and so many other things. She was a “Pride, And Joy.”

Even though she left us way to young, and even with all the hurdles thrown at her in life, she still had a full and extremely accomplished life, that left its mark in so many positive ways on other’s lives, that they are too many to number or name.

My Beautiful, Smart, Sassy, Bossy, LOVABLE First Born. – Lura Lee.
    See you soon, Sweetheart, and we'll all rejoice together in Heaven someday.

I am praying for you brother, hang in there.

Comment

Very nice tribute to your daughter. May GOD Bless her as He cradles her in His arms. May GOD Bless you and your family. Stay strong.

Comment

Prayers for you and your family. Very sorry to hear.

Comment

Prayer sent

Comment

Prayers sent.

Comment

So sorry to hear this, Rick. Beautiful tribute. Prayers sent for you and all the family.
              Ellis

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Comment

My condolences for your loss. Prayers sent

Comment

Praying for you and the family.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I am so sorry for your loss.
                    Prayers sent for you and your loved ones.

Comment

Excellent tribute to your daughter.

Sorry for your loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I'll lift you up right now sir. She has turned that cross into crowns for Christ and is surely singing praises of joy now. God bless you.

Comment

Prayers Up. God Bless.

Comment

So sorry for your loss.

Comment

Prayers up for you and your family

Comment

Working...
                              X